AngelE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife would kill me if I fired up the amp this early, so I can't speak specifically for this particular module. I can make a blanket statement that module volumes do vary. I can check this out later, if you like.

If you get a chance I'd appreciate it drew. That would be great! It seems to work fine. It's just less volume. ...and seems a little excessive compared to most of the other Modules.

I've tried 2 or 3 dif sets of tubes in it, and it didn't change much. I run the gain at about 10:30-11 (My pups are pretty high output, so I can't go too much higher without it squealing back at me). It's the same on most of my other Modules too though as far as the gain setting. A few Modules I can get the gain up to 12 but that's rare. I usually run the Volume at about 1. On the AngelE I have to run it more around 3 or 4 (at least) to get the same Volume as most of my other Modules.

I love the Module btw in case anyone else is reading.

Let me know
Thanks!

I'll try and reproduce your settings as best as I can. The only variance will be most of my pickups are Vintage Hot style (that and my Angel E is dual channel). The hottest pickups I have installed in any of my guitars are BKP Nailbombs and I'm not going to do a pickup swap for you today. :wink:

I have a very high gain rated (according to my incredibly substandard Orange Valve Tester :cry: ) Mesa labeled 12AX7-A in V1 and a JJ ECC83S installed in V2.

yeh let me know, I'd appreciate it. You don't have to duplicate my settings really. I mean, if you can get similar volumes between modules, then I should be able to get them too (regardless of the rest of the rig). I would think so anyways.

Either way, I'm not going to send it all the way back to CZ. I'm just curious if it's normal. I wish I had gotten one of these a long time ago. I've paid for many modules trying to find this one.

Does your dual module do clean too?

The dual channel is your standard Angel E, but Channel B is wired as if the "Balls switch" were engaged.

I really like the AngelE. I wish it had even a little more "balls", but it's great as is.

The 1st gainer I bought was a MarkUS. It has plenty of balls, but it needs a sweep between that red/orange channel instead of a switch. That way it could be fine tuned. It has a bit too much of the mid's sucked out. I refer to that tone as being sucked under a boat LoL. I kept thinking about seeing if Anthony could make me one like that, but I haven't asked him yet.

I bought the MarkUS from Matt, and he can tell you... I sent him a msg that I was ready to throw my entire rig in the street after buying that Module LoL. It took me a few days to stop hating it. I still have it, and I use it for cleans, if you can believe that lmao

It's taken me a while to get to this AngelE. One I still haven't tried is a Mamba. I think I'm gonna slow down for a bit on Modules though. This one has made me happy for the time being. It's a good time to take a break.

Well, I wish I could help, but my Angel E has a real bad howling issue. :? I've spent the last hour messing with it, but All I get is a howl - Volume down on the guitar, volume up, guitar unplugged, three tube changes...

So, mine looks like it DOES need help. I'm blaming you. :wink:

drewiv said:
So, mine looks like it DOES need help. I'm blaming you. :wink:

Yikes sorry.

If it helps, mine squeals/howls a bit if I turn my compressor off (which is in front of the amp). The way I have it set, it tames that issue a bit. Salvado has the same problem.

Or are you experiencing "Something Completely Different"?

This is definitely an issue of some sort. It's been some time since this has been plugged in, I'm just getting back to playing after a year of moving and remodeling. Crap happens with this stuff, I'm going to email Antonin tomorrow and see what he thinks. Maybe I'll send him this module and a new donor for something fun. :D

Sorry I couldn't help, but for what it's worth the volume seemed to be similar to my Camerock, but less than the Voxy Face. Wish I could have helped you out more. At least I found the issue at a non-critical moment.

suphuckers said:
Anybody notice the AngelE has a little less volume then some other modules?

The angel E I had was like that. If I remember correctly, I usual run my modules volumes at 10-11o'clock, and the Angel-E I would have it around 1 o'clock. The module sounded amazing, so I didn't think it was a problem.
I wonder if it has to do with havering two different mid controls. I never ran those too high, most of the time I would have one a little high and the other lower. Not scooped, bit 1 or 2 lower. I always thought it may be a perceived lower volume cause of the way I ran the mids.

JeffHenneman said:
suphuckers said:
Anybody notice the AngelE has a little less volume then some other modules?

The angel E I had was like that. If I remember correctly, I usual run my modules volumes at 10-11o'clock, and the Angel-E I would have it around 1 o'clock. The module sounded amazing, so I didn't think it was a problem.
I wonder if it has to do with havering two different mid controls. I never ran those too high, most of the time I would have one a little high and the other lower. Not scooped, bit 1 or 2 lower. I always thought it may be a perceived lower volume cause of the way I ran the mids.

Yes, It seems exactly like this to me. Thank You!

JeffHenneman said:

My Angel+T is at 1 o'clock with boosted mids (instead of volume) for leads
My Masholdano for rhythm in comparison is at 12 O'clock

I know my Angel increases in output volume if I enable the contour and/or mid edge switches
My knowledge of gainstages and tonestacks is lacking too much to know if one of the tube sides is used to feed the mid-functions instead of the overall output