My band's latest song...Fifth Place Trophy

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's another recording using only MTS guitars....This song features:
Graphic OR - Main Rhythm
MarkUS - Lead
Stonerverb Starz - Solo

https://soundcloud.com/mattfig/5th-place-trophy

Thanks for checking it out and please let me know your thoughts, good and bad.... :)

Thanks!

People may be picky about liking a MTS recording but in the end it's a mixing preference I believe, no one can't deny that the end result is as good (or bad depending on the actual recording) guitar tones in any case.

I really like a lot of the MTS recordings posted on this forum, for the most part they all sound great and the guitar tones are as good as any other recording done with any other gear, this recording is not an exception and I really dig your vocals!

That sounds great Matt. Sounds like you've got that studio dialed in. The guitars sounded really good. The song was cool too. Just a good old rocker. Keep 'em coming!

I generally dig your stuff and this is no different - I dig it. One question, did you play the solo? I liked it a lot, don't take me wrong, but it didn't have the "Fig feel" to it. If it was you, it was definitely outside your box. Again, well done.

Thanks fellas....Drew, you're right, the solo is my lead player, not me...Very different styles...He actually knows what he's doing...lol

Thanks for the kind words on the tune and vocals, I appreciate it!

Mattfig said:
Drew, you're right, the solo is my lead player, not me...Very different styles...He actually knows what he's doing...lol

Nah, nah, nah. Not what I meant! I hope you know that. I enjoyed the tune and especially like the title. I always wanted a Fifth Place Trophy. :D I might actually win one if four other guys entered a guitar competition.

I would guess the descending guitar riff has Matfig's stamp on it. I enjoyed everything about it: the tune, the tones, the singing, and the mixing.