Hey Rm 50/100 players effects question for you

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guy's back under new name....I have a RM50 with a 1086. Guitar>RMC wah> Sparkle drive> amp. Then a nova delay in the loop. I'm thinking its a pain in the *** with my pedalboard,cords ect now and I need more Juice! Does anyone use like the pod hd500 or boss gt..ect ect I had a Boss me5 for years that thing was killer! :twisted:

Two things I am really fond of lately.....I have taken to using a Line6 M13 in the loop with the Pedal Snake 4CM. I got tired of lots of pedals a long time ago, but if I ever went back to them the pedal snake would be a must as it powers everything also. I also really like my GSP1101 by Digitech as I can do that 4CM and then have the one COntrol 2 Pedal out front. Be careful with either of these options as I had to spend hours trying to find a ground loop hum using my RM50. There was no problem with the RM20 though.

Thanks for the reply! I'm kinda leaning that way...But with the Eventide H9. That's a game changer. TC Electronic Nova System looks great also.

I've been scoping out the Nova System for a long time now. Others here have used it with their MTS gear.

Be aware though - you can't 4CM it. So if it's in the loop, you can't use the OD or compressor in front of your amp. That's a non-issue for me, but just so you know

I'm still trying figure out the best way run run my RM100 effect-wise. I'm using my Pod HD500 4CM at the moment and to handle my channel switching. The Pod does color the tone and don't like that way it sounds. I like having the Pod handy if the amp goes down though. I think I'd like something in the loop that does modulation, delay, and reverb that handles my channel switching. Wahs, overdrive, ect... pedals in front of the amp. I wouldn't mind trying a GSP1101 but I have read that it isn't as transparent as Digitech states.

Charfett said:
I wouldn't mind trying a GSP1101 but I have read that it isn't as transparent as Digitech states.

Charfett, The GSP1101 is OK. It does what Digitech says it does... which is... It lets the full signal of your guitar pass through. In that way it's pretty transparent. The issues that I had with the GSP1101 had to do with the beta firmware. The stock original firmware doesn't screw up your tone. It doesn't have all the options and etc as the beta firmware does, but it's pretty solid and pretty transparent.

I have had no trouble with the GSP1101 as far as tone suck. It is incredibly transparent and I have not noticed any difference at all using the latest firmware. I hate to say this, but the MTS stuff can be somewhat "finicky" and one time it went down on me (luckily it was at a rehearsal.) The GSP1101 amp models were passable enough to get me through the rehearsal and I am always glad to have it on a gig, just in case. $500 for an killer effects rack + a spare amp in a pinch is a good deal to me. I also have the Control 2 foot controller and for someone who doesn't have a clue with midi it is a no brainer.

Well I guess I need to give the GSP 1101 a try. I used to be a big Digitech fan. I've used a Rp7 and a Rp21d in the past and they were great units. They just turned me off with the NextGen and new Rp lines which is why I switched to Line 6.

ricky, If you really spend some time listening to the sound of your guitar while you're changing settings on the GSP, you can hear it mess with the tone w the new firmware. such as... try this... put the compressor in front of and behind the amp in the menu WHILE IT'S OFF. Even when it's OFF it changes the tone. And that's not the only example of what it does. It has to do with what the guy was trying to do with the updates. That new firmware is interesting, but it def messes w the tone. Restore it back to the stock firmware and all that goes away. Try what I said and tell me you don't hear it ;)

I am not in my studio now but I do remember something with the compressor a while back. I can't remember where I put the compressor but I know there was a difference. I remember by putting it in one place it made my tone better. However it wasn't bad to begin with....just better in the new place so I just leave it there all of the time. It was weird that it didn't matter whether the comp was on or not. Just having it in that place made the difference.
thanks for the reminder.