V2 help please

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.C. HADE

Reaction score
I just ordered a V2 and the new 400 watt RA412XLT100 cab, my question is can I run my cab at 4 ohms so that my V2 will push 400 watts RMS or do I need two 8 ohms cabs to run my head at 4 ohms?

I found this pic of the back of the cab on the Randall site

4rc6aeu.jpg

What is confusing me is the 4 ohms input is the same input as the 8 ohms input how does the head know which I want to run at 4 ohms or 8 ohms, what if I want to run the head at 8 ohms? I know the pic I posted is of the back of the RA412XLT not the RA412XLT100 but I'm pretty sure they have the same back plate also can someone explain the stereo/mono switch to me? can I only switch it to stereo if I have 2 cabs?

I can definitely help. I don't have a V2; So can you take a picture of your speaker outputs just to I could be sure...

TheAbomb12 said:
I can definitely help. I don't have a V2; So can you take a picture of your speaker outputs just to I could be sure...

I dont have the amp yet i"m still waiting for it to arrive but here is a picture from the owner's manuel I dont know if it will help

63mefi8.jpg

hmm... I'm not going to 100% on this, but It looks like that the Amp will know what load to use.

Try this: Set the Switch on the Cab to "Mono" then plug in a speaker cable into the "4 ohm mono" jack on the cab. Finally plug the other end of the cable into the First speaker jack on the V2.

Now as for how the cab settings work; there are two modes (obviously) Mono and Stereo. When "mono" is selected, The First Jack is set to 4 Ohms; and the second jack set to 16 ohms.

When "stereo" mode is selected; both jacks are set to 8 ohms, and for each jack- only 2 speakers are used. For instance, the Right jack will power the 2 Right speakers and the Left jack will power the 2 left speaker of the cab; (this is in opposition to Mono mode in which 1 Jack controls all of the speakers in the cab. )

I own a V2 and run it thru 2 Fender MetalHead cabs(400 watts each),they are rated at 4 ohms which puts the amp at 2 ohms.It does it automatically and at 2 ohms it's rated at 500 watts.