JF Dzilla?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefett9

Reaction score
I have already bought the DZILLA from Jaded Faith. Basically I was really going for that Tool sound. The module is great and responds very well to a variety of guitars. My only questions is dialing it in the right way. I feel like I am not getting enough/the right amount of distortion out of it. It could be my ability to not be able to tweek the amp in the right way.
Suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

What are you playing it in? RM4, RM50, RM100?

On my RM100s, I actually preferred the sound of my modules when i turned them all the way down, ran the amp master volume up to at least 12 o'clock, then brought the individual module volumes up to the level I wanted to play at.

However, with my RM4 into my RT2/50, the same approach sounded much thinner to me. Since the RM4 has a master output level, I brought the module volume up much higher, set the RT2/50 power amp volume up at noon, and used the RM4 master output to adjust my playing volume.

So many gain/volume stages, there's probably not one "right" way lol.

-Adam

I guess the first question would be "what is your expected level of gain?" That mod has lots of clarity and articulation with little compressed saturation. Very articulate, almost a "3-D" dimensionality to it.

Thanks for the responses.
I am running it in a RM100. Right now I have the gain set to about 3 and the volume to about 3 as well. I do think that dialing the volume back and then using the amp master volume might be worth a shot.

As far as my perceived amount of gain, I am not looking for anything to saturated, thats why I initially went with the Dzilla. It is very open and organic and responds very well to my variety of guitars.

Unfortunately, not at this time. The old media player plug-in I used on the website is broken and I haven't had the time to rebuild that part of the site. The repair shop is killing it (near 400% growth in 2016) and I'm focused on getting a new company off the ground. I have to put my time where the growth is and focus on slower markets as time allows. I could probably email you clips if you drop me a line.

- Rob