MTS Preamp Module Lunchbox?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erniestrings

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry in advance if this seems like a newb question. I'm a new member and am looking to possibly get some MTS modules for use in my home studio. Ideally, I'd like to look at using them with a cab emulator like the Two Notes Torpedo Live or Palmer PDI-09, but I'm having some trouble finding a lunchbox-style unit to use MTS modules in. I feel like i've seen these before in years past, but after a bit of googling, for the life of me I can't seem to find one. I don't need any power amp features, so i'd really like to have a unit that just provides i/o and power similar to the way 500 series lunchboxes work.

Is there a company that makes something like this that i can order? Or am i looking at a DIY venture? If it's DIY, are there any good tutorials that walk through the process? It seems like this would be a common scenario, so I'm surprised i haven't been able to find one yet.

Thanks,
Ernie

Randall RM-4 (single channel) or Egnater M4 (dual channel)

MTSRM4-xlarge.jpg

egnater-m4-306964.jpg

Thanks Jay,

Are these still being produced? All of the links I found were to sites no longer selling them. I guess what I was hoping for was something more readily available, but this is certainly helpful.

Any others?

Thanks,
Ernie

Actually we are in the process of updating the entire modular line. New name is Synergy. We will be offering the E2, which is a 2 module, single space rack model with a built in switcher/router that allows you to add to another amp with a series effects loop. Also, the E1 which is the "lunchbox" version. Holds one module with the built in switcher. Also 25 and 50 watt heads and combos and modules from other famous amp companies. Should be around the end of 2015. That's all for now.

bruce egnater said:
Actually we are in the process of updating the entire modular line. New name is Synergy. We will be offering the E2, which is a 2 module, single space rack model with a built in switcher/router that allows you to add to another amp with a series effects loop. Also, the E1 which is the "lunchbox" version. Holds one module with the built in switcher. Also 25 and 50 watt heads and combos and modules from other famous amp companies. Should be around the end of 2015. That's all for now.

Bruce,

Thank you for breaking the silence on news of the new line. Would that 50W head happen to have four dual channel preamp bays? :D

Wonder what the tube configuration will be on the 25 watt head? 84's, 6V6?

what exactly does he mean by adding another head with a series effects loop? sorry, I'm pretty new to the modular design. still putting together my first modular rig

Adding it TO another head. If you already own an amp with a series effect loop, you could add the E2 or E1 preamp in the loop and use the head's power section to amplify the modular preamp(s).

There's a little more to it than that... They will also have a built in midi controlled audio switcher that will allow you to toggle between the host amps preamp section and the E2. Your guitar would connect to the E2 and the E2 will have sends and returns to connect to the host amps input and serial loop.

that seems to make more sense, because I already run my m4 from my marshall jvm head. although pointless for me because i plan on going completely rack. got my eye on a VHT/freyette 2 50. still though, that is a nice feature.