Pickups?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7shred

Reaction score
So im getting a RM100M this week... i was wondering what people have for guitars and pickups... i have a Ibanez RGT42 and i was going to get some duncans or evos... anyone suggest anything? or stick with stock inf1 and inf2?

The INFs didn't work for me,JBs in the SGs,Muy Grandes in the paul,Duncan distortions in the V and Explorer and a few Dimarzio and Duncan Pafy low out necks.

ALWAYS upgrade Ibanez pickups. Ibanez makes great inexpensive guitars, but at the cost of having low grade pickups. Once you upgrade an Ibanez's pickups, they can stand up against guitars 3 times their price.

My personal favorite are Seymour Duncans (I'm currently using a Screaming Demon SH-12 in the bridge and a Jazz SH-2 in the neck); DiMarzio are good as well; Some people prefer EMGs- but I don't care for active pickups very much.

Yep, I bet those Suhrs are awesome. I've been wanting some of those lately. I've been using Tom Anderson pickups since the 80's. Great tone no matter what style you are after and probably the best as far is being non microphonic. Pretty important if you are doing high gain.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Bare Knuckle pups. Hand wired in England. their Nail bomb series supoposed to be real killer high gain with Screaming Demon smoothness to them. I was looking into their P90 replacement.
Anyone ever checked them out?

3 Mile Stone said:
Yep, I bet those Suhrs are awesome. I've been wanting some of those lately. I've been using Tom Anderson pickups since the 80's. Great tone no matter what style you are after and probably the best as far is being non microphonic. Pretty important if you are doing high gain.

Tommy,

The Suhrs are just so rich, organic, full, and punchy. I really hear a world of difference in my MOD 50 when I play my Suhr instead of my PRS, and PRS pickups aint too shabby themselves. The new Suhr Aldrich pickups are supposed to be MONSTERS!

Ive heard good things about Anderson pickups as well.

I play mainly Jacksons with Duncan Screamin Demon or Duncan Distortion, or Duncan JB in the bridge. For the neck its either a Duncan 59 or Duncan Pearly Gates. I haven't tried the Bare Knuckles but hear good things about them everywhere.

I like Dimarzio pickups. I've used Seymour Duncan's JB and Jazz pickup in my 7 string and I liked them, but I keep going back to Dimarzio. Currently I'm using a EBMM petrucci 7 string and I love the pickups in it.

cody

emg81 in the bridge and emg85 inthe neck. i've tried eveything and for me these are the best

I like the hotwound Fralin Humbucker (13.5K windings) in the bridge position on my mahogany body SG. I have the normal winding Fralin (around 8K) in the bridge position.

For a basswood body Ibanez (Ibought an RG1570), I thought about upgrading the pickups, especially the humbuckers. But I think that I'm just going to sell it and get a Les Paul instead. Turns out the Ibanez, with its stiff action, is not for me. I still haven't played a fully floating bridge guitar I've really liked.