MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISP Decimator in RM100 Loop?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitrous12
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiomidijace wrote:
nitrous12 wrote:
audiomidijace wrote:
What other pedals are you using in the FX loop?

None. I just have the STEP there now in boost mode. I could see a delay at some point but don't have or need one right now.

I'm using the rack Decimator and I have a TC Nova System in the loop with it.
The Decimator is AMAZING! It's the best device of it's kind I've ever used. I picked up the Nova System used for like $250. It provides a boost PLUS delay, reverb, modulation, pitch shifting, compression and a tuner! The TC runs at line level along with the Decimator. You can get rid of the Step at that point. The TC sounds great and has tap tempo features for your delay, tremolo, etc.

TC Nova is a floor unit though correct? You have that out front and then the rack Decimator where?
I have an HD500 but have chosen not to use it. Mostly because I tend to not need a lot of effects and it ended up being too complicated because I had a separate boost for the loop, separate wah and separate vol pedal. Set up was ridiculous since I couldn't build it all to fit and fasten to my board. I could do the wah and vol on the HD500, but just wasn't digging how I had to set it all up and use it. I would rather have the analog always there and ready to go wah and vol. I am also adding a Whammy mostly for the dive bomb as I no longer have a whammy equipped guitar. We do Killing In The Name Of too so it will be fun for that. The only other thing I have is a Boss flanger right now.
audiomidijace
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup is with an RM4 and RT2/50 so the Decimator is in the rack with them.
Yes the Nova System is a floor unit like your HD500. The TC is a much more straight forward unit and much easier to use (My opinion anyway). I don't use many effects myself. The delay, Tuner and the boost get the most use.

The TC runs at line level. Does the HD500? I know the rack unit has the option, but the manual for the floor version only shows instrument level from what I can see.
My guitar goes in to the Decimator, out to my Wah pedal-Xotic EP booster and in to my RM4. The FX send of the RM4 goes to the Decimator, out to the TC, out to the FX return.
Dunlop 95Q Wah, TC Nova System, Wampler Tumnus
AVID ELEVEN RACK & Atomic Amplifier 12
Transactions:Lots!
stemlife
RM50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run an ISP Decimator II in front and in the effects loop(serial). No problems here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Rigs & Tones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: