Is this like the 500 series stuff?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
Not a lot of action on here yet as there is really nothing out. I am thinking that after reading about this stuff it must be very much like the Series 500 stuff for studio gear. I have a series 500 bay in my studio which houses mic pres, compressors, eqs, etc. Companies build this stuff and it is all interchangable so you can get a Grace pre, API pre, Neve pre, etc. It is sounding like MTS is going to be similar with comapnies like Marshll, Fender, Mesa, etc. all building modules for this synergy deal. Am I reading this correctly? And all of our mods will work in it?
I sure hope so....

Yep, though in reality the 500 series stuff is like MTS as MTS was available first.

Dave Friedman posted elsewhere that Synergy is really happening and should be shown at NAMM...

"We are pushing as hard as we can to get it done and out. If I were you guys I would wait for the new hardware. There will be 2 amps and 1 pre option with a power amp and a desktop unit."

ricky said:
Not a lot of action on here yet as there is really nothing out. I am thinking that after reading about this stuff it must be very much like the Series 500 stuff for studio gear. I have a series 500 bay in my studio which houses mic pres, compressors, eqs, etc. Companies build this stuff and it is all interchangable so you can get a Grace pre, API pre, Neve pre, etc. It is sounding like MTS is going to be similar with comapnies like Marshll, Fender, Mesa, etc. all building modules for this synergy deal. Am I reading this correctly? And all of our mods will work in it?
I sure hope so....

What I meant was that it is sounding like the series 500 stuff in that other amp makers may be on board in building the preamps. We have had either egnater or randall with a bunch of moodders as opposed to several amp companes.

Gotcha, yeah, it should be cool, can't wait...

ricky said:
What I meant was that it is sounding like the series 500 stuff in that other amp makers may be on board in building the preamps. We have had either egnater or randall with a bunch of moodders as opposed to several amp companes.