Salvation Buddy

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I picked up a used Salvation Buddy from Electric I.
(It came from Canada to California in 1 week. Not bad at all.)
It's pretty cool! It's very different from any other module
that I've played. It goes from perfectly clean to high gain.
The two channels and the Modern switch allow for some
very different sounds.
I haven't decided if I'm going to keep her yet or not.
I'm having some of those new Fishman Fluence pickups
installed, so I'm interested to hear it with those.
It's SUPER articulate with the high gain tones.
8)

Yep. Along with my JF Dumble clone, it is one of my two most unique modules. I can't use it for a lot of stuff, but it is perfect for the thing it does. Yours has two channels? I guess in a sense mine has the clean thing happening, but it is way quiet so I never use it. It is not like the dualies I see around here though

I'm actually pretty curious about the Buddy. I'm looking for a unique clean-into-crunch tone and think the buddy could be it. How do you like yours?

Like I said earlier, it is one of my two most unique mods. I love it. My last few gigs have been with a funk band and I use a JF Deluxe base mod for clean rhythm stuff and the Buddy for solos. I don'y really know how best to descibe it....it has a mid-ish tone but not honky. It is not Marshall-y or Fender-y, or even Mesa-y. It does have a push\pull knob that makes it ultra clean, but the volume is so low on it that I don't see much use in it. It would be hard to balance it with another module in that mode as you would have to pull a higher gain mods volume back so low. However, if you used it in a studio setting, it is a nice sound. In the normal mode, if I crank the volume up and pull the gain way down, it cleans up a bit with a nice grit to crunch feel. I played a Budda in a music store and the Buddy was spot on. I mean really spot on! Let me know if you get it and what you think.

I fully agree with the above mentioned.
The Buddy is a fantastic sounding Mod. It cleans up nicely for rythm w/ volume down and delivers great solo tones when you crank the volume up again.