10 new modules

Discussion area for Jaded Faith custom modules

Moderator: Jaded Faith

Absintheur
RM20

Post by Absintheur » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:14 am

Fresh from JF's Facebook:
After much teasing during the R&D process, we are proud to offer you 14 completely new designs that are on an entirely different level of feel, innovation and tone. These are all completely new designs from the ground up, all crafted in the past three weeks as we locked ourselves away from the world.
The main design focus throughout the process was to eliminate excessive switches in favor of more powerful circuits that could do more with less. You can now dial things in with ease and spend more time playing and being inspired than fiddling with options.
A secondary goal was to innovate and improve on the designs of the originals, giving respect to their roots but tailoring the tone for the best possible results on the MTS platform. This is a major shift in our design philosophy and it has not been lost on anyone who has tried the prototypes.
A third goal was to step away from "hybrid designs" that tried to be too many things while being none of them exceptionally well. This was the reason for several mods being retired, such as the Voxless, Twox and PlexiTweed.
The final goal was to bring the price of MTS mods back down to Earth. As the market became saturated with modders, prices elevated in an arms race of sorts to load modules with a switch in every last inch of free space. This not only takes away from the goal of simple, powerful tone that is easy to dial in but drives prices up. We are proud to bring you 14 new MTS mods today, all of which are priced at a modest $165 per mod (donor module not included in that price).
Stay tuned for the reveal later this morning. Thanks for your continued support, business and trusting us with your tone.
Respectfully,
Rob DeAntonio
JF Super Clean, OD Special. SM Camerock, Legend

JayDA
Lynch Box

Post by JayDA » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:18 am

JFM45: JTM45
Z-Rx: Dr. Z Maz
Chiefton: Matchless Chieftain
MKC+: Mesa Mark IIC+
Superpro: Supro
JFM800: Hot-rodded JCM800
Hammerhead: Bogner Fish
JF6550: Peavey 5150/6505+
OD-2: Dumble ODS
5F6JFM: Fender 5F6 Bassman
VX30: Vox AC30
J-Plex: Marshall Plexi
Twintone: Fender Twin Reverb
Blackout: Early Mesa Dual Rec

JayDA
Lynch Box

Post by JayDA » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:20 am

Sorry to steal your thunder Rob...but this needs to be seen!

iekobrid
RM100

Post by iekobrid » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:22 am

Oregon
Lynch Box

Post by Oregon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:26 am

Digging these quite a bit!
RM4, RT2/50, LynchBox Combo

Emperor-TK
RM20

Post by Emperor-TK » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 pm

I just got back from the amp show and had a chance to run through them all. All I can say is wow! Rob did a great job on these guys. The thing that really struck me is how different they all sounded from each other. These were not subtle shades, but really fundamental differences. I think Rob mentioned that there are a total of 10 different EQ topologies out of the 14 modules. I imagine there is something here for everyone. I myself am a low to medium gain guy (my main module is the Egnater SL2) and would probably make use of at least half of the offerings.

The two modules that stood out the most for my tastes and that filled some missing gaps in my arsenal were the Superpro and OD-2. The funny thing is that I'm not much of a Supro or Dumble guy. I've even played a real Dumble and wasn't that impressed. I think Rob captured the essence of these amps, while getting rid of some of the junky and farty aspects of their tone that has kept me away from these styles in the past. Other hits for me were the MKC+ and the J-Plex. I left him my plexi module as a donor and placed my order for a Superpro. Rob commented on how my face lit up when he dialed in the Superpro. :D

Corium_AZ
Lynch Box

Post by Corium_AZ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Ha - my Blackout module made the cut, even used my faceplate design! Lol

Good to see, it's an awesome mod!
Band Sites (Until The Sun)
http://www.reverbnation.com/untilthesun
https://www.facebook.com/UntilTheSunBand

Budda Superdrive 45, Orange Rocker 30, Zinky 4x12, '72 Deluxe Tele and MIJ Greco LP Custom

iekobrid
RM100

Post by iekobrid » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Aside from being decluttered control-wise, how would you say the Blackout differs from the Erect?

Charfett
RM20

Post by Charfett » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:04 pm

About time someone did a Mesa Mark IIC+. As legendary as that amp is supposed to be. I'm definitely interested that one as well as a few others.
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. I'm all out of bubble gum!

mrtatemyballs
RM100

Post by mrtatemyballs » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Nice! Can't wait to try some

Mike P
Lynch Box

Post by Mike P » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:08 pm

This is so awesome, Rob! Big congrats!

Are you still offering brand new donor modules?
www.mikeplas.com
Jaded Faith: Vybe Deluxe
SG: MK22+|Rectifier
Salvation Mods: Camerica
Synergy: ENGL Savage
Coming Soon: Synergy Soldano

eyeball987
Lynch Box

Post by eyeball987 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:40 am

Yep. I am going to pick up at least one of these to start. Then another soon to follow I am sure.
RM100 - JF Brahma, JF Mr. Scary, JF D-Zilla.
LP Trad Pro, LP Trad Plus, Charvel SoCal, Charvel San Dimas.
Marshall 1960A with V30's and ET65's.
Marshall 1960B with Greenbacks.

Jaymzrock
RM100

Post by Jaymzrock » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:28 pm

I am glad to see the Blackout made the list...we went through about three runs of tweaks on a grail donor until we nailed it. The faceplate is a huge improvement over my rugged dremeled-out grail plate. Now its back on my list of absolutely gonna buy as soon as I get a chance.
www.facebook.com/pardonthescars
reverbnation.com/pardonthescars

Jaded Faith

Post by Jaded Faith » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Jaymzrock wrote:I am glad to see the Blackout made the list...we went through about three runs of tweaks on a grail donor until we nailed it. The faceplate is a huge improvement over my rugged dremeled-out grail plate. Now its back on my list of absolutely gonna buy as soon as I get a chance.
It's actually redesigned and improved. Every one of the new releases are a completely fresh design from the ground up.
www.jadedfaithmods.com
https://www.facebook.com/JadedFaithMods
Email: info@jadedfaithmods.com
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics

amesav
RM100

Post by amesav » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:32 am

Jaded Faith wrote:
Jaymzrock wrote:I am glad to see the Blackout made the list...we went through about three runs of tweaks on a grail donor until we nailed it. The faceplate is a huge improvement over my rugged dremeled-out grail plate. Now its back on my list of absolutely gonna buy as soon as I get a chance.
It's actually redesigned and improved. Every one of the new releases are a completely fresh design from the ground up.
hey Rob whats the difference with ya new blackout compared to the old one
RM100,Randall XL 4x12 Genz Benz Gflex 2x12
JADED FAITH Ubersonic VOODOO MODS recto JEFF HILLIGAN Scorch, EGNATER Plexi,GIGMODS Mark
RANDALL Clean,Recto