10 new modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absintheur

Reaction score
According to Jaded FAiths facebook page, ten new modules are being released 6th of June. Interesting times indeed!!

I must say that I wonder if they will be designed for the never-present Synergy line or regular modules.

I'll say this: It's been a very rewarding creative journey the past three weeks. I took a fresh approach and new philosophy to the R&D work on these new mods. It's by far my best work.

I completely embraced Bruce's "TONE FIRST!" mantra with respect to the original designs but emphasis on the execution. Optional features were kept minimal with an acid test of "does this really make it a better preamp?" applied to every switch. This not only makes things easier to dial in, it provides more effective controls that do more and causes less confusion over needless options that drive prices up.

I am quite proud and look forward to Saturday.

Rob

That sounds absolutly incredible. It's going to be a couple of hard days of impatient waiting.

I'll be there at the Amp Show on Saturday. I cant wait to try out some in person!

So I just built that modular bass amp for myself. Do you think any of the new mods might be good for cleanish to crunchy bass?

Also, if you have a way to demonstrate a foglifter at the Ampshow, I might be interested in picking one up for my MOD50.

There are actually 14 new modules that Rob will be unveiling tomorrow. Pretty exciting.

Normally I like to sleep in on a Saturday, but this is going to be too much like Christmas morning. Will have to rush online to see what Rob has left in our stockings. :)

I noticed a bunch of discontinued modules on his site lately... so these new modules, complete reworking on all of them or tweaks for some and total overhaul for others? Anybody going to be the eyes the ground for us that can let us know what the new modules are?

I noticed a bunch of discontinued modules on his site lately... so these new modules, complete reworking on all of them or tweaks for some and total overhaul for others? Anybody going to be the eyes the ground for us that can let us know what the new modules are?

Fresh from JF's Facebook:
After much teasing during the R&D process, we are proud to offer you 14 completely new designs that are on an entirely different level of feel, innovation and tone. These are all completely new designs from the ground up, all crafted in the past three weeks as we locked ourselves away from the world.
The main design focus throughout the process was to eliminate excessive switches in favor of more powerful circuits that could do more with less. You can now dial things in with ease and spend more time playing and being inspired than fiddling with options.
A secondary goal was to innovate and improve on the designs of the originals, giving respect to their roots but tailoring the tone for the best possible results on the MTS platform. This is a major shift in our design philosophy and it has not been lost on anyone who has tried the prototypes.
A third goal was to step away from "hybrid designs" that tried to be too many things while being none of them exceptionally well. This was the reason for several mods being retired, such as the Voxless, Twox and PlexiTweed.
The final goal was to bring the price of MTS mods back down to Earth. As the market became saturated with modders, prices elevated in an arms race of sorts to load modules with a switch in every last inch of free space. This not only takes away from the goal of simple, powerful tone that is easy to dial in but drives prices up. We are proud to bring you 14 new MTS mods today, all of which are priced at a modest $165 per mod (donor module not included in that price).
Stay tuned for the reveal later this morning. Thanks for your continued support, business and trusting us with your tone.
Respectfully,
Rob DeAntonio

JFM45: JTM45
Z-Rx: Dr. Z Maz
Chiefton: Matchless Chieftain
MKC+: Mesa Mark IIC+
Superpro: Supro
JFM800: Hot-rodded JCM800
Hammerhead: Bogner Fish
JF6550: Peavey 5150/6505+
OD-2: Dumble ODS
5F6JFM: Fender 5F6 Bassman
VX30: Vox AC30
J-Plex: Marshall Plexi
Twintone: Fender Twin Reverb
Blackout: Early Mesa Dual Rec

Sorry to steal your thunder Rob...but this needs to be seen!

11248156_1073915445956202_2389089042186024926_n_zpsuhjzxcwq.jpg