Mods on an RM22 head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitfireMusic

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my second post.

I have an RM22 head that I got for a great price on the used market.

I love it but I was wondering what types of mods you guys have tried and liked.

Is it worth upgrading to Mercury Magnetics transformers for example? Are there other mods that could improve the amp to consider?

I saw Salvation Mods does the MDA board for it, and I would definitely like to order that.

What other things can I do to improve it overall.

For what it's worth my two stock mods are the JTM and a Clean (I actually have a lot more but I'm in the process of downsizing, when I completely make up my mind I'll be posting some modules and a combo on here).

I am hoping to send those two mods into Jaded Faith for base mods (I'd ideally like to keep the JTM in the vintage Marshall JTM/Bluesbreaker realm) and then have the Clean kind of like the clean section of the Fender Supersonic (a vibrolux and bassman setting as those are my two favorite fender amps and I feel they compliment each other well with one being thicker and the other being more bright and sparkly for lack of better words).

I have a Salvation Mods C-Watt already and would like to get one of his Orange mods (thinking Graphic OR).

I know that I'll likely send the amp head/cabinet into Mojotone for a makeover as the stock all black look isn't for me.

Don't really mind how much I have to sink into the amp within reason as I haven't really invested much into it in the first place.

I upgraded to Mercury Magnetics and it was an awesome upgrade. I went they Rob at Jaded Faith. His advice and knowledge on the subject is second to none.
Here's a vid I did after I got the new trannies installed

http://youtu.be/fYvDST-DWuY

davetheslave said:
I upgraded to Mercury Magnetics and it was an awesome upgrade. I went they Rob at Jaded Faith. His advice and knowledge on the subject is second to none.
Here's a vid I did after I got the new trannies installed

http://youtu.be/fYvDST-DWuY

Awesome video - love the tone!

Hey thanks Fellas.
The combo of that guitar with the Vybe Deluxe and the upgraded rm22 blows me away every time I plug it in.