One mod to rule them all!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I'm not asking which is the best mod blah....

I have an RM50 that is fantactic. I have a JF KH1 in Channel 1 that satisfies my clean needs. But I'm now thinking is there a be all mod that could live permanently in Channel 2?
I know what you're thinking, "in MTS? No chance!" Haha

I'm talking about a mod that covers all the ground, from mid gain crunch to high gain metal?
One that sounds great straight across the board.
Straight off the bat, the Salvation Camerock comes to mind.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

I have the SM Camerock and I simply love it. Versatile both for gain structures and tones. It can do anything from cleanish crunch to high gain. It is also very easy to dial in the good tones on this module.

I have the dual one and normally set it up to have from ac/dc'ish crunch on low volume on the guitar with relatively high gain singing saturated lead on full guitar volume. The second channel I rarely use because I cover a lot of ground on the first channel simply by using the volume on the guitar.

It is by far my favorite module so far.

Salvation S150 comes to mind, It's pretty versatile and I think it would cover this in fine form.

Mattfig said:
I'd say something along the lines of Vishnu would be great....Excellent plexi through high gain scream...

I should have mentioned that I'd prefer it to be Marshall voiced, as I'm more that way inclined. The Vishnu sounds interesting, as it looks like a Plexi-JCM in one with a blend/stacking feature.
Am I correct? It's definately one of the lesser talked about mods, so I'm not entirely sure.

Matt, I also remember you saying before that your ultimate do it all mod was the Markus?

buriedorburned said:
Mattfig said:
I'd say something along the lines of Vishnu would be great....Excellent plexi through high gain scream...

I should have mentioned that I'd prefer it to be Marshall voiced, as I'm more that way inclined. The Vishnu sounds interesting, as it looks like a Plexi-JCM in one with a blend/stacking feature.
Am I correct? It's definately one of the lesser talked about mods, so I'm not entirely sure.

Matt, I also remember you saying before that your ultimate do it all mod was the Markus?

The Vishnu is one of my fave mods to date. I use it all the time for plexi thru high gain Marshall tone. It's got the JCM800 vibe down perfectly, better than most actual JCM800s I come into contact with quote honestly...

As for all in one, MarkUS is a great one...Mine has an available clean channel and recto or standard voicing making it hard to compete with in a utility contest....But since you said Marshall flavored, the best choice for overall utility is Mashall+. It can do JTM clean through JTM Red...There is nothing that covers more Marshall territory...