6550!!! Oh. My. Gawdballz.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
This is hands down, THE BEST hi gain preamp I have played through the entire time I have had an MTS setup. It is everything I always wanted in a 5150 preamp, and I have had a Trilogy and two S1S0s. It nails it STRAIGHT TO THE WALL! In Flames, Machine Head, Bullet For My Valentine...got it. Got it hard, is what it did! Hahahaha

Seriously, if you haven't explored Rob's new line you are missing out. The more simplistic approach he took on the design, focusing more on performance than options...has really paid off in spades. I have the Hammerhead and now the 6550. They are easily the most impressive guitar tones I have ever had the pleasure to crank. I am actually inspired to write with these things, they are sincerely THAT good. And let's not forget the price point on them. Its insane! Cheaper definitely does not mean cheaper when it comes to this line.

One of the few amps it probably makes more sense to just buy outright. Think I got mine for $500.