Rhoadie / Spawn / Camerock?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I need some help deciding my channel 2 module for my RM50.
I've decided on a Marshall voiced mod, I need one that covers Plexi through modern metal (with a boost).

I'm a firm believer that almost any gain based Salvation mod can do metal. They're all super heavy if you push them.
Honestly, I find that with any of the actual 'metal mods', I never have the gain past noon, nor do I use many of the boost switches etc...
So I want a mod that cover more ground, and then with the gain at around 3 o clock, maybe with a boost, it do all that modern metal stuff.

I've owned the Camerock before, and it's currently the front runner, as it kicks so much ***. Would I be right in thinking it's the most modern sounding of the bunch?

Dunno, I think the Spawn can get heavier in a modern context personally....but everyone hears things differently.

The Mash-oldano I bought off Matt Fig rips thrash metal pretty well. Plenty of gain. In fact, I don't even use the gain-iest setting.

Nice tight distortion and a real sharp percussiveness on the pick attack.

It also does plenty of more vintage crunch tones too. All around great Marshall style mod.

JKD said:
Dunno, I think the Spawn can get heavier in a modern context personally....but everyone hears things differently.

Ah, you have both the Camerock & Spawn, how do they compare?

The JF Quickmod didn't quite get me what I wanted. It was more surf-rock oriented or at least that was what I thought. It was cool in a given context, but the context was limited. Then again, I owned 2 Splawn Quickrods and they never got me what I wanted either. The real deal amps I had were waaaaaay too stiff (and I like stiff amps) and way too loud to play in a normal context. I'd hope the Spawn could achieve the same tonal charistics while feeling slightly more spongy than a QR. I too am a little interested in hearing more clips of the Spawn.

buriedorburned said:
If you cant play them in a vid, can you give me your opinion on the Spawn and Camerock, side-by-side?

I haven't played the Spawn enough...just long enough to know I'd keep both of them for now. My playing time just hasn't happened for months now with family, work and martial arts life :-/

Rhoadie/Vishnu - Plexi through JCM800 leads and rhythms, vintage sound, nice mids....Sits well in a mix...

Spawn is not my fave (that is NOT to say I don't appreciate it or it is a bad town- just not my bag)....Johnny would be a better person to describe it as he really digs his...In 3rd gear/OD 2 it takes on a very modern Marshallish tone and is known to track quickly and be very articulate....

Camerock is a mix of both...Classic in nature but can get dialed in pretty modern if you try....It's one of my fave mods and cuts through a mix very nicely...Great for leads, lots of gain options and useable voicings...

I always seem to gravitate away from the Camerock and toward the Spawn if I want to chug away heavy stuff....of course if I want to get to that classic metal sound, I end up on the MarkUS.

The Camerock has infectious amount of compression and sustain though...the harmonic juiciness is off the chart....its a noodling dream with the zener applied in gain style A or B...just don't think the low end tracks as well/tight for the heavies.