Best clean module as a pedal platform

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, Vybe Deluxe can't be beat. I guess it depends on what you intend to feed it. I say Vybe because I can feed it massive amounts of OD/Dist/Fuzz as well as huge reverb, delay, modulation, straight in front of it, and it handles it all remarkably well, almost as if the fx are in a loop... If I could have only one module, that'd be it.

Other good pedal platforms are stock clean & blackface, clean 'channel' of the stonerverb, plexi side of a mash-all or JF XTC, and even my 50R is a great platform with the gain at noon or lower.

I guess we have different ideas about what clean is. Any Marshall flavoured mod with the gain at 12:eek:o is not my idea of clean...."cleaner" than my XMG but not clean. The JF SuperClean is really clean but not a great mod for using pedals. The JF base modded Deluxe is pretty amazing with pedals as is the base modded Tweed. The Vybe Deluxe is killer also. The cool thing abut MTS is that I can get all sorts of clean with distortion sounds. I had a gig Saturday and started with my Tweed for a clen sound. Second set I wanted something cleaner and used my Deluxe, which as perfect. When I added the distortion it completey changed it's character.