RM4 in floor unit

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimix

Reaction score
I'm mainly using my RM4 into the loop of my Jet City 50 combo via a loop switcher.

I wanted it in a low boy rack I could tweak without stretching from the pedal board to the top of the amp.

I knocked together four pieces of wood, spray painted it black, added 2U rack rails, and then screwed the RM4 right in.

Digging it so far, kinda like a really large body pedal (11 tube, four channel pedal) that can also be used horizontally.

F26B9E84-95F9-493E-8A42-44543786B065_zpsmugmuknk.jpg

9E9AC4C1-F239-4850-9602-FBB35BED71E8_zpsunq10nll.jpg

5881s. I love the Soldano power section with the RM4, no big tonal imprint, just designed to cleanly amplify the preamp tone.

withmittens said:
Nice. do the 5881's play nice with the Twinface yet still give you the growl for your Marshall sounds?

Having the tone stack after the loop has a bigger affect than the tubes used as you can dial things a lot further than when I run into the other power sections along that wall;
Mesa Simul-Class 395 power amp - 2 X (4) 6L6GCs
Sound City L120 - (6) EL34s
Vox Night Train 50 - (2) EL34s
I will say the TwinFace sounds better than it has through anything else and the Grail, Mark X, and XTC American flavored gain mods are starting to be my preference over the MK22, SL+, and Voxless, so maybe there is some subtle power tube bias (sic.) creeping in.
But the RVerb is still king through the Jet City and that's about as EL34 flavor as it gets!