Lost Module - $300 gone! Rant!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corium_AZ

Reaction score
Ok, so this is as much a frustrated rant as a plea for advice...

I picked up two modules from a forum member in Norway, a JF XTC and a SM Mash-All+. Smooth transaction, got to me in about a week, package in great shape, everything well packed and looked good. The XTC works perfectly and is great. However, the Mash-All had some issues. Likely a bad pot or two, and likely damaged during shipping, not from impact but from vibration and/or hot/cold cycles. Regardless, it was unusable as-is. I conferred with the seller, and he agreed to cover the repair cost if it was damaged, so I sent it off to JF Rob for repair on Thurs 1/7, via USPS...

Tracking shows it was delivered on Sat 1/9 'Delivered, In/At Mailbox'.

I inquired about lead time from Rob on Wed 1/13. He said he never got it... He said Mike (his employee/assistant?) took delivery of mail that day, and my module was not included. He has checked with all of the surrounding businesses and residents, all to no avail.

So, I've opened a lost/stolen/mis-delivered package case with USPS. But, knowing the govt, I really have little confidence in the effort that will be made to find out what happened to my package. So, I'm thinking I'll prolly get my paltry $50 default insurance from USPS, and that's it... $250 down the drain.

Feel like I'm getting screwed here, but no one is really at fault, just $h*t luck for me...

So, I guess the moral of the story is, insure your modules when you ship!

Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do to find this **** thing?

ugh. this is becoming a very common experience with usps.
it happened to me twice last year, luckily it was with small items.

i switched to Fedex only.

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I do always pay for the full insurance price when shipping modules. I have to say that I've had nothing but good luck with USPS. Always a good experience.
Pots always seem to be fragile in the MTS stuff. I've had quite a few fail me. Pots that were working fine for months and suddenly stopped working.
Best of luck on this. Crossing my fingers for you!
:(

when I got my RM100 from a music go round a couple states over they shipped it to me and the clean module that came in that amp had some bad pots. Though at $380 with shipping for the amp and three modules I was hardly in a position to complain, especially knowing that I'd be sending the module in to get an overhaul.

USPS is always last choice for me. They have lost stuff way more than UPS, and full value UPS insurance is cheap. I recommend opening an account and using the web page to create labels.

sorry to hear about the mod

All right, well I figured I'd update this post/issue.

USPS has essentially just blown me off. They say since their records show the item was delivered, then it was delivered... Lol. I've appealed twice, only to recieve the same answer. So, basically, if I had sent (and insured) a $10,000 item, and their stupid records show it as delivered, and it wasn't, then I'd just be as SOL as I am now. So, there goes that paltry default $50... Bastards. Guess it shouldn't surprise me, our infinitely caring and competent fed govt in action.

HOWEVER! Both Rob from JF and Alf (Yatagan here - the guy I bought the Mash-All from, in the Norway) have been just great with me on this. Rob volunteered to build me a mod of my choice, to help make up for the ordeal, I just had to buy/supply the donor. He offered me a donor for $100, a good clip less than normal. And, upon learning about this, Alf refunded me another $50 to help cover the donor (we all assumed the USPS $50 refund would cover the rest. Oh well..). Both stand up guys, great to deal with, and happy they are part of this 'community'. So, what really turned into a really crappy situation turned out not too bad after all! So, thanks Rob & thanks Alf, it is/was truly appreciated.

Oh, and the Chiefton is awesome! And I'll post a review of sorts soon. That said, I'd still like to have a Mash-All. So if anyone is selling...