Recommend the one module I need...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Hey old friends,

I have my eyes on a Syn-1 when it comes out.

I doubt I could stay with one module, but for fun let's assume I have that kind of self control.

I love playing everything from Phish to Slipknot, usually stay on the hrad rock side of things

I currently have an OR100, DMoll, and a 5150 50w (Kruse Stealth mod).

So I love the tones I have, don't NEED anything, but what would be a cool compliment?

I usually would go for a Salvo Orange or Recto type flavor, but that may be covered with my amps. I'm thinking a new Soldano mod might be cool to add in, or perhaps a 1666/Chupacabre.

Probably not looking for a cleanish, Vox or Plexi type

GO!

Maybe something like the JF Cali-Lead?
It pretty much covers every kind of territory. It's on the other side of the spectrum as far as Recto and Orange go though. Very dry but clear and not fizzy. Hitting the deep switch cuts the mids a lot and if you crank the gain you can get a little more of a saturated tone which would be cool for slipknot stuff. Big distorted chords sound awesome through this mod too.

Also, you can actually get a clean sound out of it too which is cool but you need to tweak it a bit.

Mattfig said:
The new SalvadoX88 is what you need... :) You were right all along!

It's one mod with cleans, mid gain, and amazing high gain...

well, where is this mod, Figg? It would be fun to see all the new mods up close

withmittens said:
Mattfig said:
The new SalvadoX88 is what you need... :) You were right all along!

It's one mod with cleans, mid gain, and amazing high gain...

well, where is this mod, Figg? It would be fun to see all the new mods up close

12656146_970251496362700_243650840_o_zpscgysdwhs.jpg

An accurate Dumble ODS with Skyliner EQ module, that's the do anything module IMO!

With the mid-boost on thru a Greenback loaded closed back 4 X 12 it rocks like a Marshall or Mesa, and through a Jensen/CTS/Utah loaded open backed 4 X 10 with the mid-boost off it's a boosted Fender perfect for Blues and the like, plus through a typical D-Style open backed 2 X 12 with Celestion 65's it's the perfect Ford/Carlton/Meyer tone machine.

Great cleans, great gain, and incredibly touch sensitive, all in one module!

ODS_FP_02.jpg