Direct?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing live I run an RM4 into the FX loop of a Digitech GSP1101. I have it set so that I can use my speaker cab but also the XLR's are set to run to the PA. I have never had an engineer not rave about my sound. I use some nice RedWirz speaker sims in the GSP and they are not bad.
In the studio, like Fig, I use the TwoNotes Torpedo. NO complaints there either.

Thanks guys. For budgetary reasons I ended up going with a Hughes & Kettner Red Box DI...and it sounds great live. Haven't run it in the studio yet...

I plugged my RM50 into a Two Notes torpedo. Quit good sounding and pleasing to the ears for lower practicing volumes and InEar

I've used my various MTS rigs with Mesa Cab Clone, Hughes & Kettner Red Box 5, Two Notes C.A.B, and my JCA Micsim; all with good results.

I generally record direct, my studio room just doesn't have the acoustics for being mic'd up.

I've run direct into the ReCabinet VST before, and it's fine. Works fine with the free cab emu VSTs as well like LePou.