RM4 out question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine so, being as most rack fx units are stereo in/out.

I just did a shoot-out between all the outputs on my RM4 (there are 5!)
In the end I switched from using the pre-loop output to using the series loop send into my delay>power amp. The pre-loop output was thinnest and brightest, the series and parallel sends were thicker, while the loop outputs were darkest.
I need two outputs as my delay unit requires stereo ins, but I just use a splitter cable out of the send.

trimix said:
The pre-loop output was thinnest and brightest, the series and parallel sends were thicker, while the loop outputs were darkest.

Do you have all the same tubes in the chassis section of the RM4?
I would understand the pre loop to be thinner, since it misses an extra tube

Nightdare said:
trimix said:
The pre-loop output was thinnest and brightest, the series and parallel sends were thicker, while the loop outputs were darkest.

Do you have all the same tubes in the chassis section of the RM4?
I would understand the pre loop to be thinner, since it misses an extra tube

I have a Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG in V1 and JJ 12AX7s in V4 and V5. I like the one additional tube on the send, I'd roll some different tubes in V5 if the RM4 had stereo returns but alas...

Why not use the post-loop, and jumper the parallel loop with a patch cable so you can control how much of that extra tube you want in your tone? Just an idea.

-Adam

Because I don't like the sound of the post loop output without any of the return blended in. Blending in an additional tube stage won't change the base tone of the main output.