What mods have yet to be done that you would want?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Strictly a business questions. What are you guys looking for? I know there's much hope in Synergy and I share that....But there is a meantime....What should be developed next?

Cheers....For me Laney LH100 would be cool....Armageddon module would kill...

Dual EQ version of the EG3/4
Dual EQ version of the EG5
X-mod versions of the SL2, BMAN and EG3/4 (no mention yet if the new Synergy ones are moddable)

Bogner Ecstasy (Ch2 and Ch3)
Bogner Uberschall

Combination Friedmans (Custom45/BE, and high-gain Custom45/HBE).
The previous Egnater SL and SL2 modules (respectively) could be modded to those specs; it'd be cool to be able to buy them that way stock.

And of course, Mesa Mark I, Mark IIC+, and Dual Recto.

Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but.... :twisted: :lol:

wengnutt said:
I'm just curious if there are any mods available for Ty [Tabor]'s overdrive/distortion tone ... I would love a solo channel thats similar to his early distortion sound. It's pretty amazing he got it through a Lab5.

NunSuperior said:
I'd give one of my kidneys for a Ty module.

wildstar said:
The thought of a "Gretchen" module makes me feel weak in the knees. Oh please of please... My desire for a "Gretchen module" is definitely bordering on the erotic and lustful.

aeroic said:
Hilly! Come on...spill the beans...Did Ty allow you guys to release the Gretchen module??? Please say yes :) I want one for sure!! :)

gtrjake said:
How about a module that recreates the Lab Series tone that Ty Tabor got on the first few Kings X records?

Lovebandits said:
I def would love a Lab mod! Those were some interesting amps!

iekobrid said:
...if I had to have two separate Lab mods, I would love for one to be tuned for the crispier rhythm/clean tones on the third KX album and the other to be tuned for the relatively thicker rhythm tones on the fourth KX album. ... Call one the Golden Lab and the other the Black Lab. :D And don't even get me started on the Mesa Dual Rec tones from the fifth album...

Wishlist mods-

Wizard Modern Classic II
Suhr badger
Mesa Mark V (clean based)
Santana style amp- half mesa/ half dumble
Two Rock
Engl steve morse channel 3
Fryette Sigx clone

I think it would be great for a clean module to be designed specifically as a pedal platform. Good clean tones with lots of headroom have always been difficult with MTS and I've NEVER heard one that really takes OD pedals well. If you disagree, take that same OD pedal and plug in in to a Plexi, a clean Boogie or Bassman! THAT'S what it SHOULD sound like!
I'm talking about a module who's job isn't to sound great clean, but to sound AMAZING with an OD pedal in front of it.
Maybe instead of Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble there could be a Lo MID and Hi MID with frequency controls. The input gain could be changed to a Hi/Low input switch. Perhaps bass boost/cut switch along with the bright switch.

I'd also say a Bogner Helios but I bet that has a lot to do with the Power section, and I've heard its crazy difficult to use all the **** settings

audiomidijace said:
I think it would be great for a clean module to be designed specifically as a pedal platform. Good clean tones with lots of headroom have always been difficult with MTS and I've NEVER heard one that really takes OD pedals well. If you disagree, take that same OD pedal and plug in in to a Plexi, a clean Boogie or Bassman! THAT'S what it SHOULD sound like!
I'm talking about a module who's job isn't to sound great clean, but to sound AMAZING with an OD pedal in front of it.
Maybe instead of Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble there could be a Lo MID and Hi MID with frequency controls. The input gain could be changed to a Hi/Low input switch. Perhaps bass boost/cut switch along with the bright switch.

I'd be up for this too. Most OD pedals fail terribly on my RM100. It drove me to get a Traynor YRM-1 as my pedal platform. Which in the end I am not unhappy about because it is a phenomenal amp. It's just not an MTS amp.

Roland Jazz Chorus. With all that room you save not having two tubes, you should be able to fit an extra chorus PCB in there.. maybe...

audiomidijace said:

THIS ^^^

buriedorburned said:
audiomidijace said:

THIS ^^^

Somehow, I think that's the idea of the new synergy amp that has a built in clean channel.

trimix said:
Roland Jazz Chorus. With all that room you save not having two tubes, you should be able to fit an extra chorus PCB in there.. maybe...

The trouble is that the chassis are not designed for powering solid state preamps

The Rossness said:
buriedorburned said:
audiomidijace said:

THIS ^^^

Somehow, I think that's the idea of the new synergy amp that has a built in clean channel.

All they've said is that it will have a Fender style clean tone. Which still makes all the sense in the world! But I do hope they pay attention to how well it takes OD pedals.

I'm surprised, all my OD pedals work great with my mods. Is the problem in boosting a crystal clean to breakup transparently?