MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OD Special v OD-2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewiv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: OD Special v OD-2 Reply with quote

I have an OD Special that I've been toying with getting updated. I really like the OD Special, but with my personality I feel I'm missing out on something. Below is the only thing I've found from someone with experience. I'm hoping Marco can add some more insight. TIA, Marco.

MarcoR wrote:
I have been holding off on singing my praises until I can do a proper demo but I've had the new OD2 for months now and the honeymoon phase is surely over. I still am blown away by the tone of it; it is the most satisfying module I've purchased to date.

I've had two JF Overdrive Specials previously and one was sent back to be update with the latest revision (so technically I've tried three versions). I really liked the old one because it was different from any other module but there was something I could never dial in or out with the mids (anyone who's had the older Overdrive Special knows what I'm talking about).

This new OD2 just sounds great without searching for the right settings; you plug it in and the tone is just there. I get great border of break up sweet tones all the way to full on screaming lead tones. I have a dual channel version and that's how I use it between the A and B channels.

I keep expecting that one day I'll play it and it just doesn't do it for me (like every other module at some point) but it always satisfies.

Highly recommended for fusion, blues, classic rock or even modern prog lead tones OR anything where dynamics, feel, sweet sound with amazing harmonic overtones are desired.

MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW: I really think the OD-2 is one of the best creations I have ever made. It's that good IMHO. It also has next to nothing in common with the OD Special under the hood.
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
MarcoR
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: OD Special v OD-2 Reply with quote

drewiv wrote:
I have an OD Special that I've been toying with getting updated. I really like the OD Special, but with my personality I feel I'm missing out on something. Below is the only thing I've found from someone with experience. I'm hoping Marco can add some more insight. TIA, Marco.

MarcoR wrote:
I have been holding off on singing my praises until I can do a proper demo but I've had the new OD2 for months now and the honeymoon phase is surely over. I still am blown away by the tone of it; it is the most satisfying module I've purchased to date.

I've had two JF Overdrive Specials previously and one was sent back to be update with the latest revision (so technically I've tried three versions). I really liked the old one because it was different from any other module but there was something I could never dial in or out with the mids (anyone who's had the older Overdrive Special knows what I'm talking about).

This new OD2 just sounds great without searching for the right settings; you plug it in and the tone is just there. I get great border of break up sweet tones all the way to full on screaming lead tones. I have a dual channel version and that's how I use it between the A and B channels.

I keep expecting that one day I'll play it and it just doesn't do it for me (like every other module at some point) but it always satisfies.

Highly recommended for fusion, blues, classic rock or even modern prog lead tones OR anything where dynamics, feel, sweet sound with amazing harmonic overtones are desired.

It's such a great sounding and feeling mod; the touch sensitivity and dynamics make it so fun to play.

This clip doesn't begin to do it justice; I had the camera pointing above the amp so your getting more sound off the back wall than the amp. Just a little looper jam to try and capture different levels of gain and pickups.
https://youtu.be/iGaNrgl-194
drewiv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: OD Special v OD-2 Reply with quote

Jaded Faith wrote:
FWIW: I really think the OD-2 is one of the best creations I have ever made. It's that good IMHO. It also has next to nothing in common with the OD Special under the hood.

I take this to mean it's more of a tear-down than an update. I need to give you a call soon, we'll talk because a donor is definitely coming for the MKC+

MarcoR wrote:
It's such a great sounding and feeling mod; the touch sensitivity and dynamics make it so fun to play.

This clip doesn't begin to do it justice; I had the camera pointing above the amp so your getting more sound off the back wall than the amp. Just a little looper jam to try and capture different levels of gain and pickups.

Thanks. Sounds great. Playing is great, as always.
VitaminG
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: OD Special v OD-2 Reply with quote

MarcoR wrote:

Excited to hear a new clip and found I'd already liked this one Wink Great sounds & playing, Marco
The Rossness
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool!

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS,
EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Markbass CMD 2x10p, Fryette Pitbull CL100 w/ EQ

WTB: Framus, Buddy, Terrier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Jaded Faith Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: