Alex Lifeson and Hiwatt....?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I didn't know until now that Lifeson used Hiwatts....as well as Twins and a 50 Watt Marshall Plexi for his sound. I knew Marshalls were a big part of it early on as well as an Old Carvin but Hiwatt?

apparently through the 80's into the 90's he used them in the studio. Even though that isn't the era I think of for great Rush the guitar work remains strong when it;s there. I always admired the clarity of tone and punch, i reckon the Hiwatt had something to do with it.

I play nothing like him but that tone is easy to cop with the MTS

dang

didn't know that and I've never played one of those, supposed to be very nice. are they good for classic tone as well as saturated?

He's got great tone and chops. too bad the music left little room for that s they went, though his chordal work is great and if he gets a solo it's usually perfectly done. I bailed after Grace, which was a great guitar record. just now listening to the more recent stuff again. great classic tones there. although at the end he did some great riffing and solos on the last two records.

my friends think I'm ridiculous for my Rush fandom. I know they're missing out