Breadboard product interest?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimix

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody else would be interested in a product similar to this:

http://www.empiricallabs.com/proto500.html

but based on the Synergy format rather than the 500 format.

I'm in a 500 series building phase right now and thought it would be cool if there was a commercial breadboard product with just the power regulation, tube board and back plane leads available for the Synergy format fully licensed.

Maybe it's not a viable commercial product, but maybe there is a market for it, looking at the cottage industry that sprung up around previous incarnations of the modular line.

wait, are you using the 500 series breadboard as an example for a synergy breadboard? I'd really love that but I doubt they would. folks wanted this for MTS and the idea wasn't supported, at all.

you never know though. i would totally buy a Synergy or MTS breadboard kit

withmittens said:
wait, are you using the 500 series breadboard as an example for a synergy breadboard? I'd really love that but I doubt they would. folks wanted this for MTS and the idea wasn't supported, at all.

you never know though. i would totally buy a Synergy or MTS breadboard kit

Yeah, I was using the Proto500 as an example of a similar product for another incredibly popular modular format.
I don't imagine Randall would've supported a product like this, they were selling plenty of stockers destined to be modded anyhow.
Synergy seems like a more boutique focused company with a better understanding of the personality types attracted to the modular format. Also, they must already be providing something along these lines to other manufacturers for creating their own designs...

While I think this is a great idea - the IPR and patents for this still lies with Bruce (or Synergy if they now own it, unclear at this point) - if you don't have his sign off you are infringing that and a whole world of legal pain could come your way!

While I think Bruce is a great guy (unlike say Gibson and EHX, who frankly are litigious d*&ks) this is his livelihood and he has every right to protect that.

That said I've often wondered if Bruce would be willing to "open source" the single channel module PCB's as there is no commercial threat to either the Egnater or Synergy dual modules and it would mean that interested parties (people on here / JF / Sacred Groove / Salvation) could club together and produce blank PCBs thus prolonging the life of the Randall gear.

Like I said above though, great idea but get permission first :)

Not about to do it myself, was thinking more along the lines of an additional licensed product arrangement, like Synergy has with Friedman, Fryette, Morgan, Soldano, etc...

trimix said:
Not about to do it myself, was thinking more along the lines of an additional licensed product arrangement, like Synergy has with Friedman, Fryette, Morgan, Soldano, etc...

In my discussions with Synergy I can tell you this is not an option. It would make some cool avenues for users but alas is not meant to be....