Synergy M4 - interest?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucksears

Reaction score
Just curious if a Synergy M4 would generate more interest than the 2-module preamps or heads.
I know I can get two SYN002s and treat that like an M4, but a single appliance would be simpler. I swear the M4 rig I had sounded better than the MOD50 I've been using since January.

Seems like the Egnater M4s aren't lasting long in the classifieds, either.

I'm not new to the M4 world but haven't owned a chassis or modules until recently. Although I understand the benefits of Synergy in terms of using it with an existing amp, I agree that a 4 module chassis would be a good idea.

The Rossness said:
an't you just daisychain 2 syn 2's

Yeah, that's what I said in my original post, but still think an M4 would be cool.
One less power connection, less preamp tubes; I like things as consolidated as possible.

Hell, if they made a 50W head with four modules, I'd probably take that.
:D

Bucksears said:
Hell, if they made a 50W head with four modules, I'd probably take that.
:D

I've been begging for one of those for years.

egnater-mod-50-192262_zps768f038b.jpg
[/URL][/img]

I wrote to Bruce 2 years ago))))

I tried it with my RM50 and Rm4. I built a head cap to accommodate both and it was immensely heavy. I went to a RT2/50 and RM4. Still heavy but awesome

Its a no brainier IF you have the cash for the new synergy stuff. amp and 2 x Syn002, 3 space rack, 8 channels, less weight, lots of money, thousands......

I was going to buy the Syn rack amp and use my RM4 but the RT2-50 is so **** good and I really like my mods. Why would I switch all that up?

I think Synergy is going to move into it's next phase pretty slow but my bet is they'll only make what they think they can sell to a larger market. 8 channel amps I don't think have such wide appeal.

I wonder what my $.02 is worth with inflation

Bucksears said:
Man, imagine how much that thing would weigh, though.....

The things that weigh the most (iron) would remain the same. I'm guessing it would still weigh less than a MOD100.

My favorite combo is actually M4 into the MOD50 and SYN002 at least solves the outboard switching gear.

Hmmm...a custom headshell that allowed to mount an SYN002 with a MOD50 would work?

an all Synergy version would weigh less than all previous versions. The rack amp has toroidal trannies.

A head shell with mod 50 & Syn002 would be lighter than my setup yet but probably by only a few pounds

I read something about custom work at Synergy, but anyone would make you that

Can the M4 be modded to be switchable with the host amp's preamp if inserted in the host amp's series effect loop? Same as the new Synergy preamps.

I think you can do it if you send a MIDI CC 64 Mute all command to the M4 but I haven't tried it.

Midi CC Commands
Note Module
#56 ……… 1A
#57 ……... 1B
#58 ……… 2A
#59 ……… 2B
#60 ……… 3A
#61 ……… 3B
#62 ……… 4A
#63 ……… 4B
#64 ……… MUTE ALL