My bucket list

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubobulous

Reaction score
So I'm new to the modular world. A friend, (Jon at Feline guitars), has had these for a while, and given space constraints, I'm now going to dip my toe into the water.

So I'm thinking two RM4 chassis, (I have one and am on the lookout for a second, or obviously the Egnater chassis is on the list too), and have compiled a bucket list of 8 modules that I think will satisfy my needs. Any of you have thoughts/comments?

C-Watt
S1S0
Legend
Standard JTM45
A Vox option, not sure which seem to be well thought of
A Tweed option, but again, not sure which to consider
Mr Scary, (already have this one)
Some nu-metal high gain. Something Diezel, Engl etc based option

You guys have been using this for ages now, so any experience or advice or indeed second hand sales would be most welcome!!

hubobulous said:
C-Watt
S1S0
Legend
Standard JTM45
A Vox option, not sure which seem to be well thought of
A Tweed option, but again, not sure which to consider
Mr Scary, (already have this one)
Some nu-metal high gain. Something Diezel, Engl etc based option

You guys have been using this for ages now, so any experience or advice or indeed second hand sales would be most welcome!!

I just finished a little fathers day jamming on my RM4 rig so I'll comment where I can.
I had a Jaded Faith base mod Top Boost and didn't care for it, no full cleans and low output. I picked up a Jaded Faith VoxLess instead and it was an improvement but shared the same issues. Finally I picked up his last Twox module made and it became my immediate #1 clean tone. I run it with the Vox tone stack but the Tweed side is nice as well. Just a killer clean chime.
The stock JTM and Tweed were very similar, maybe Jaded Faith's Series 2 versions differentiate them more, I haven't tried any of the Series 2s yet.
Can't help with the other high gainers but will say a Mr Scary is always worth keeping around.

Hey Trimix

Many thanks for the feedback. The VOX ones are of real interest to me since when its really right, the clean and breakup are amazing

Interesting to see that the JTM and Blackface were similar. Should I find that surprising?

Great list! You know what you're after and that's good. I can honestly say I've tried Vox mods from every modder past and present. There is none better than Matchvox from Salvation...Please let us at MotorCity Mods help!

Thanks Matt - I take it that the Matchvox gives both the clean and dirty side of the amps?

As an aside - are most mods single channel in terms of working with the Randall chassis, or are a lot requiring the Egnater to really get the most from them?

Hiya, yes the Matchvox does clean and dirty tones very well...Extremely versatile and authentic...

As for single and dual mods...I have both but kinda like the singles as you can add more features to them....Sure you can't switch between them but you have more choices when dialing in (in lots of cases)...I don't feel like I'm missing anything having predominantly single mods...

Now chime in dualie lovers and preach!

Doing ok so far. I've managed to get JTM, Brown, Tweed, Vox Top Boost and Mr Scary.

I think I'm still keen on the C-Watt and S1SO, but last spot is either Plexi or a Soldano style.