Fish

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulf

Reaction score
I am considering to go for a Bogner Fish.
I do own the SG Fish module which is fabulous, although I never had the original. Is it worth the difference? The module seems to do the Brown/Strato channels.

Owning also the Shiver and JJ Dirt plus an SM Xtacy, I might be already setup for that Bogner sound as good as possible.

But you all know, GAS, there might be more magic in the original.
Who knows better than I do?

Yeah, the SG Fish is real great.
Personally, I find the Shiver and JJ Dirt in the same ballpark of brownish sound.

But do you know the creeping uncertainty if there is something better.
;-)

Ulf said:
Yeah, the SG Fish is real great.
Personally, I find the Shiver and JJ Dirt in the same ballpark of brownish sound.

But do you know the creeping uncertainty if there is something better.
;-)

I comissioned Scott to create the Fish. I owned an original Bogner Fish in the early to mid-90's and tried to get Reinhold to reissue it in 2001 but he wasn't ready to make the jump. I even offered financial support!

Anyway, I used original Fish recordings as the basis for the MTS version. The original module went back and forth a half a dozen times or more and in the end, I think Scott nailed it.

I haven't tried Anthony's version but since his work is always phenomenal, I'm sure it's great as well.

Rob's version absolutely nailed it as well.

I've had the Salvo Fisch, the Xtasy with Shiver switch, 2 Shivers themselves, (I redund) as well as the JF XTC (old and newerish), Uberschall, and the Hammerhead from the new line.

Whoa. When you say it like that its kinda scary.

Anyway, the Hammerhead is thick and bloomy...not sure if that's the qualities you're looking for, nor if those are the right words. It made the cut and has ousted even the 6550 as my primary Channel 3 tone. (I set up Clean/Crunch/Lead)

I picked it up on a "Why not?" kinda purchase and I'm happy I did. After having so much Bogner through my head it felt familiar, but with that thing...that 'Bogner thing' you look for. Rob killed it. One switch, which spooked me at first, but I think the devil is in the details, especially for a knob-turner like myself.