Downsizing mts rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
I've been thinking of downsizing. I have plenty of other amps and I simply don't use 60-70% of my mts gear. I have a MOD100, a dualie loaded JF RM100, two MOD50 heads, a MOD50 combo and countless modules. I'm torn because I'm a mental case and have some sort of attachment to all my gear, but I don't use most of it. I need help... on so many levels. :(

If I was going to down size I would get rid of one of the MOD50 heads and one of the 100 heads. You would still have all the MTS amps you need to use your modules in. I am kind of in the same boat as you. I have
RM100 head,JFM100 head,JFM50 combo ,JFM50LB head and matching 2X12 cab,RM20 head and cabinet and a one off RM22 combo that was a prototype
by Randall! :lol:

I hear you, I went through this already. I had 2 RM100s, 2RM50s, a 1250...and an RM4 rig. I'm down to 2 RM50s and a pile of mods.
The 50 watters sound so much better to me, I'm thinking about having Rob do the full mod treatment to one head and ditching the other. I think to many options is a bad thing sometimes, at least it is for me. I spend more time screwing with gear than I do practicing.

Yeah, I prefer the MOD50's as well - if not only for weight. I'll definitely keep a 100W around for home use, but will probably let a 100W and 50W head go. I'll probably sell 50%+ of my modules too. I have my "go-to" modules at this point and quite frankly find myself playing other amps (Cherry Bomb & Cameron 1987X) way more often recently. I think I've kept it all so long because selling/shipping gear sucks.

studio289 said:
drewiv said:
.... I think I've kept it all so long because selling/shipping gear sucks.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but there's also the fact that the prices for used gear has fallen significantly since we got into MTS years ago.
I've got a few pieces I'm holding on to in hopes of a resurgence in interest.

Oh, I realize that and it is what it is. I'll ask what I feel is reasonable and if it sells, it sells. If not, it stays in the collection.

isolated1523 said:
Post up some prices, you might get some help makin a decision ;)

-Adam

I'll make a proper FS sale thread when I have time to photograph, pack and ship gear. When I sell, I ship next day. I can't do that ATM.

I've had a couple PMs and a couple emails already. I will list everything I plan to sell in the classifieds when I get a chance to run through all my mts gear. It won't be until Sunday night AT THE EARLIEST. I'm raising my 11 yo niece and she has a busy schedule with softball this week that I help coach. She has practice all this week and a tournament all weekend. It may possibly be the last weeekend of July because that's when she goes away for the weekend with her grandpa. Sorry, family first. The modules will be listed in one thread, amps in a different thread. I promise I won't clog the classified section. I appreciate all the inquires, truly, but I won't sell something I can't ship next business day. That's my personal policy and I have no time to deal with photos, packing and shipping at this time. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

studio289 said:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but there's also the fact that the prices for used gear has fallen significantly since we got into MTS years ago. I've got a few pieces I'm holding on to in hopes of a resurgence in interest.

{Warning: Horrifically mixed metaphor approaching :lol: }

Yeah, sometimes I feel like MTS ownership is a game of musical chairs and I don't want to be the last man standing when the lights go out.

iekobrid said:
studio289 said:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but there's also the fact that the prices for used gear has fallen significantly since we got into MTS years ago. I've got a few pieces I'm holding on to in hopes of a resurgence in interest.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like MTS ownership is a game of musical chairs and I don't want to be the last man standing when the lights go out.

Don't worry, I'll give you my chair...I'm still buying em up!

Mattfig said:
iekobrid said:
studio289 said:

Don't worry, I'll give you my chair...I'm still buying em up!

Yeah...gone from 10s of active buyers to a handful on here.....me, I'm out of money but still buying / horse-trading :)

Mattfig said:
Do you guys predict more movement here once Synergy drops? or less?

Hopefully more movement, at least initially, but I don't expect prices to pick up on the old gear.

Synergy is almost at Boutique prices...so limited market.

Mattfig said:
Yeah, I'm curious to see how well the Synergy stuff sounds as compared to the great mods already existing....I'm sure it will be terrific, don't know how it will top what's already out...

....am sure there will be a market for modding Synergy stuff too. :)