One of those nights

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really great when that happens. A highlight for me is also when you manage to coax out some new tones and it inspires some new riffs.

I had the week off and spent some time exploring the guitar rig. Got me out of a riff rut and I started rocking some long neglected pedals again. Finished the week picking up a Muffuletta and hammering big fuzz riffs through the Sound City, SG into the Triangle and Russian settings, Tele through the Ram's head and Civil war, it's like the MTS of muffs!

I often wonder what the main factor is... weather, power levels, obviously my hands. Would a power conditioner elevate some of these issue? I tend to only realize when its sounds like crap, cause I'm so negative :D

I know what you mean!
There are power conditioners that also provide constant power levels. Pricey, but possibly worth it. Appliances like refrigerators can cause sudden power draws and add noise to the power lines.
I also don't change my strings as often as I should.
Every time I do I'm amazed at the improvement in sound.

I'm with you on the strings. I saw Joan Jett's rig rundown... she's the only one I heard of that likes the sound of old strings. I wish I could say the same thing for myself, I'm just lazy. A friend of mine always compliments me when I get around to it, lol.

lintycreep said:
I often wonder what the main factor is... weather, power levels, obviously my hands. Would a power conditioner elevate some of these issue? I tend to only realize when its sounds like crap, cause I'm so negative :D

Your own ears can fool you
Best way to find out, is record whenever you play over a period of time
then, when you get one of those "bad tone days" you can reference to earlier sessions and have certainty if it's your ears or the gear