MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JF MKC+

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiomidijace
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: JF MKC+ Reply with quote

I managed to get my hands on one of these and just wanted to sing its praises! It's the real deal. There are no clean sounds to be had. This thing is saturated as soon as you get the gain to 2! That Deep mode is useless to me. It just turns everything into low end mud. 6L6s are prefect for it. Preamp tubes really impact the tone on this one. It's certainly bright, but no more than it should be. It has tons O gain. It is the tone that it claims to be. It doesn't do any of the modern tones like the Mark X. It also has plenty of low end. That the thing I could never get out of the Mark X. Other than that, the X is wonderful too. I like this MKC+ much better than the Salvation Markus which I have always preferred for vintage Mesa tones. To me it just has a more authentic Mesa flavor and A LOT more saturation. Cool
Dunlop 95Q Wah, TC Nova System, Wampler Tumnus
AVID ELEVEN RACK & Atomic Amplifier 12
Transactions:Lots!
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
breacgeal52
RM20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine yesterday but didn't get to mess with it until today and couldn't agree more. My Grail and KH2 don't hold a candle to this thing and I loved the Grail until I plugged in the MKC+. It's not even a contest. I found the same results with the deep switch but there's no real reason to use it, great rhythm crunch and, singing sustaining single notes. If anyone is on the fence about getting one just do it.
Jaded Faith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you gents are enjoying them. I really do like the Series 2 mods far more than anything we released prior.

To explain the Deep, it essentially adds a midrange notch late in the signal flow. An MTS module can't accommodate all of the circuitry a Mesa 5-band EQ requires, so this is another flavor to explore. The dropping of the frequencies will lower the gain on tap and change the tone. You will need to rework your EQ as well.
Authorized Service Center for US Music and Egnater
Authorized Reseller for Celestion, Scumback & Mercury Magnetics
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: JF MKC+ Reply with quote

audiomidijace wrote:
I managed to get my hands on one of these and just wanted to sing its praises! It's the real deal. There are no clean sounds to be had. This thing is saturated as soon as you get the gain to 2! That Deep mode is useless to me. It just turns everything into low end mud. 6L6s are prefect for it. Preamp tubes really impact the tone on this one. It's certainly bright, but no more than it should be. It has tons O gain. It is the tone that it claims to be. It doesn't do any of the modern tones like the Mark X. It also has plenty of low end. That the thing I could never get out of the Mark X. Other than that, the X is wonderful too. I like this MKC+ much better than the Salvation Markus which I have always preferred for vintage Mesa tones. To me it just has a more authentic Mesa flavor and A LOT more saturation. Cool

How does the MKC+ compare to the KH2? I have one on the way, and I always loved them, and was talking to Rob about getting it changed to a KH23.
But the KH2 to me is all 80's Metallica, and those Mark II / IV tones. So maybe I'd be better going that route. I'm just curious how much of a tonal difference there is.
audiomidijace
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're very different. Make a K2 a K2/3 with a base mod and I think you'll be pretty happy.
Dunlop 95Q Wah, TC Nova System, Wampler Tumnus
AVID ELEVEN RACK & Atomic Amplifier 12
Transactions:Lots!
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4, will do!
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you guys turn off the deep option do you get a gain boost? Smile Just got mine today...

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
VitaminG
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
When you guys turn off the deep option do you get a gain boost? Smile Just got mine today...

I haven't tried this module but that's how Rob explained it above:

"The dropping of the frequencies will lower the gain on tap and change the tone"

So it seems that turning off the deep option will give you more gain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Jaded Faith Mods All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: