Randall or Lynch Skull head logo ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torento33

Reaction score
Hello,

Stupid question here :D

Does the Lynch Box RM100 head come with a Lynch skull head logo or Randall logo, while it's just cosmetics I really dig the Lynch logo 8)

Also, I heard that everything is the same in this head vs the RM100 heads except the power tubes is this right ?

thanks,

Torento

Torento, Not a stupid question... The Lynchboxes usually come with the Skull logo although there is also a gold Randall logo that might still be available. And yes, it's mainly just the cosmetics and the JJ EL34's that are different.

Many thanks Caine for the fast reply :D

I'm going to order a LM head tomorrow, I hope it's the Lynch Logo.

I've heard somewhere that the Tesla JJ EL34's are the best EL34 tubes you can find, I never heard of them before, I always go for Ruby's, Groove Tubes, Sovtek or Electro Harmonix (the EH are my prefered ones so far).

thanks,

Torento

torento33...

Here is a picture of the Lynch Box I own. Apparently all Lynch Box models come with this logo on the head and cab. As was mentioned... some earlier units shipped with a Randall logo but from what I hear there were only 10.

I agree the logo is very well done. One thing I will mention is that the last L in Randall is... as you can see if you look closely... attached by a very small piece of material on the bottom only so you will have to watch that. I expect to see a few LB's missing this L in the future... LOL

Here are some other pictures of the Lynch Box. This is an incredible looking and sounding amp.

Khing

The logo... I believe that you can order the gold Randall logo instead of the skull logo if you want to. You can even order the Lynchbox in black tolex or with the white randall logo. Really, Randall will do just about anything you want to your head as long as they have the materials on hand. Here's an example of a custom Lynchbox:
Lynch Box Chassis w/ 6L6?s, Black tweed grille w/ white piping and black tolex, Traditional Randall Logo, Blue jewel light on head and all modules, Cr?me knobs on head and modules, Custom black face plates (Blackface, Modern, Plexi) Really, I'm not sure what would really make this head a "Lynchbox" other then it says Lynchbox/RM100LB on the chasis.
LynchboxCustom.jpg

Khing,

those are some very nice looking photos, can't wait to check it out in real :D

BTW I see you have a tweed, how does the clean sound compare to a blackface module ?

thanks,

Hans

Hi Caine, wow, that's indeed a very fun Lynch Box :shock: But it's good to hear that one can somewhat personalize his amp, this on top of the other possibilities to customize your sound make it a very complete box.

thanks for the info !

best,

Hans

Cool bro glad you like the pics... not sure how the Tweed and the Blackface compare.

Caine... what makes the Lynch Box different aside from the physical appearance is George wanted a tweek done to the head for single note clarity... I was told by Randall there is a capacitor change... no other details though. You have a cool looking custom head there bro.

Khing

Khing, I had asked Rich, a Randall rep I know (we email each other back and forth from time to time) and he said "You are right on about the LB. It?s just a cosmetic and tube difference. For a short time we were going to have the Mercury Magnetics transformer but George liked the sound of the stock trans at louder volumes" I asked if there were any other technical differences and he said no.
That pic of the custom Lynch box is not mine--I don't know who that belongs to. That photo was emailed to me by Rich and he just said it was one that they did for somebody and was putting out the word that Randall will do things like that--to include covering their 2 x 12's in green gator if you want with Lynch box logo for example. You can get black faces for all the non-sig modules which is cool. I might get black faces for my Deluxe and Brown--put black chickens on the Deluxe and Brown chickens on the Brown. I might sell my Tweed and XTC--I'll soon have 10 mods. I like the Deluxe for blues and a lot of other things--I think that the Deluxe is an all around very versatile module--one of my favs. I like it for blues, classic rock, cleans and if you happen to do a country song once in awhile you can't beat the Deluxe mod.

gtr31 said:
can I get a lunch box is Black alligator with the standard randall logo???

Unfortuantly we don't have black alligator. That would be pretty sweet looking though. If you want the standard logo, just ask your Randall dealer and they will let us know to make it that way for you.

Funny, I asked Rich about black alligator a month or two ago.

(hmmm... hint, hint)...

Oh, I see how you are! NO black gator but snake skin, eh? :cry: Well, then, how 'bout green gecko?

is there some sort of repetillian discrimination going here .? what a croc

FWIW the lynch in black gator gold piping wouldve looked Badass

I was just talking to one of our AR guys and told him how cool black gator would look. I would actually dig the black myself, but then I would have to get two MORE 4x12's so I could have both colors :roll:

We aren't doing the snakeskin ourselves. There is a dealer who will be doing a RM100, Lynch Box, V2, T2, and a few cabs in the next few weeks, all in snakeskin. If anyone is interested in picking one up, please send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.

Hi guys,

I just received my George Lynch head, and guess what ? It's in BLACK snakeskin already, or to be more precise very dark green, almost black, this is completely strange. It looks actually very good ;) Now the problem is that when I want to buy the 4x12 box, it will probably be real green, so it won't mach the head :D

How much does a green box cost ? Just in case :D

I'll post a photo later if you're interested.

cheers,

Hans

Hey R/d rich .thanks for asking ..very cool.BTW when i said what a croc it was intended as a joke for crocodile should have put lol .just didnt want ya thinking i was complaining on ya.

since you have joined Randall I have seen more communication on this board and HC ..furthermore the response and resoloution time on Khingissues have been top notch

Great Work

Cheers from up north