MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello glad to be here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> MTS Forum News & Annoucements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a buncha actual vintage Celestions from back in the day.

Once upon a time that's all I used. Then I grew up Wink

I've never put one of them in one of these 1x12 cabs though.

I tried a V30 once, and it was OK, but I prefer the EVM12's

I have some 12S's and 12L's and some 15's. I think the 12L's sound the best to my taste, but the V30's are a close 4th to the 3 I just listed.

I think the V30's sound better than my old Celestions also.
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for posting twice but its been long enough since that last post that I thought it was too long to edit, but...

I said the V30 runs a close 4th, but I mean that in the context of the speakers that I have avail in my gear atm. I don't own any Eminence speakers, but I have played through several. Id say (for me) there are several other speakers that Id probably like better than the V30's. The Legends are good speakers and the reissue EVM's are good too but they don't sound as good (to me) as a true vintage EVM12L and Ive heard some other Eminence that I like as well... Id probably rate all the above as better than the V30's, and my vintage Celestians at the bottom of most of that list. The V30's have some extra top end (and so do the vintage Celestians I have), and some people might like it, but to me I hear a lot of noise being added along with it, and I don't like it.

That's why I asked about if you had tried the V30 in the closed back. The V30 sounds decent to me in an opened back cabinet (I have a 2x12 V30 cab), but I think it sounds better when I use it w a 1x12 806 cab w a EVM12L along side it. I've never done it, but I wonder how the V30 would sound in a closed back cab along side an EVM12L in an open back. Wonder if some of the noise would clean up, and you'd still get the nice added top end from the V30... never tried it, but in theory seems like it would be a good combo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> MTS Forum News & Annoucements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: