New MTS User

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyNutz

Reaction score
As the subject says I'm new to MTS. I've always found the MTS concept interesting but never tried until now. I found a RM100 for dirt cheap, someone had ran it with out a cab and it was non-functional when I picked it up. I was not worried about it being broken as I'm pretty decent amp builder/modder and I figured the worse would be a blown output tranny, which I had one on hand if it came to that. Tuned out to be fuses, however I could see the power tubes had been arching inside so I installed a new set of jj e34l's. **** this thing sound great! I've played and own some high-end amps, and I'm surprised with the sound of this guy.

It came with one module, an SL+, and I'm pretty sure it has a foglifter installed too. I have modded the SL+, put a .0022uf in c3, and did the jcm800 tonestack mods on a toggle. Thinking about installing better coupling caps. Any suggestions? mallory, sozo's? I did try OD's and while they sounded neat, they took a lot of the marshal vibe away.

Also what power tubes do you guy's suggest? I't came with a pair of jj kt88's, and a pair of ruby el34str's, these tubes are toast so I don't want to experiment with them, I have JJe34l's in right now.

Oh and I need more mods, sell me some :)

Thanks

Hiya CrazyNutz,

Welcome to the fun! I think Sozo caps sound really nice in the SL+ personally...

As for tubes, I like 6CA7s as they give off the EL34 vibe with a lil kick of 6L6 flavor...

As for mods, look no further. We (Motor City Mods) can hook you up with the top of the line Salvation Mods fast!

Cheers,
Mattfig

Mattfig said:
Hiya CrazyNutz,

Welcome to the fun! I think Sozo caps sound really nice in the SL+ personally...

As for tubes, I like 6CA7s as they give off the EL34 vibe with a lil kick of 6L6 flavor...

As for mods, look no further. We (Motor City Mods) can hook you up with the top of the line Salvation Mods fast!

Cheers,
Mattfig

Awesome Matt, thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check out your mods.

One other question. Can I use the dual channel mods with my rm100? I've read somethings that allude to being able to use them as a single channel but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Yup, you can run dual modules in single channel only hardware. They will default to channel A, unless the module has a switch installed allowing you to manually switch between channels A and B.

frodgemo said:
Yup, you can run dual modules in single channel only hardware. They will default to channel A, unless the module has a switch installed allowing you to manually switch between channels A and B.

Sweet! Thanks