RT2/50 & RM4 rig low output, distortion in signal

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
My rig just bottomed out. The power tubes on both channels check ouot fine so I'm imagining a pre tube is the problem.

Question is which one.
output is lowered on all mods on both channels, brightness is gone and I need it raise the main channel levels to get any real volume, of course this distorts the sound

Can anyone save me some time swapping all the tubes? is it one in particular I should look at first?

Tanks

Well make jokes if you want, that was a serious suggestion I left for you.

Do the input jack 1st then the volume pot and go from there.

sorry, I thought you were kidding

I'll look into it but i really think it may be a pre tube somewhere. there's a lot of them. and it was rather sudden

I'll have to get some deoxit

I had an RM4 did something like that on a random Tuesday.

Who knows if that's the problem, but Id sure try it. Otherwise you might drive yourself crazy for several days.

These amps seems to need a good cleaning every so often. I guess depending on the room their stored in maybe some more often then others. I've had to clean out all of mine at least once though.

Most people have their AC's on and lots of Humidity in their houses this time of year. I'm sure that doesn't help.

withmittens said:
sorry, I thought you were kidding

I'll look into it but i really think it may be a pre tube somewhere. there's a lot of them. and it was rather sudden

I'll have to get some deoxit

There really aren't "a lot of them". If it happen with all modules, and its a 12ax7 causing it (which I personally doubt) there are only 2 tubes (if you take out the effects loop) in the RM4 that it could be. A tube in module #2 shouldn't effect any of that if you're using module #3

Make sense?

I bet you're gonna find out its your input jack or your volume pot

Seems it was the V1 int he RM4, thanks much. easy fix

I will get a can of deoxit, though to keep around. What is the kind with the lube as part of it, or are there two different cans?

Thanks