JFRM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
Just finished tuning this bad boy in and I have to say it's simply awesome. The noise floor is ridiculous. Rob does fantastic work and that is why a MOD50 is in his hands getting the same thing done. Enjoy the photo.

MarcoR said:
Those transformers! :shock:
Does this have the dual channel mod?
But of course it has the dual channel mod (look at the modules installed). I got the last available and oddly enough it was installed in my old amp that I traded to Rob.

Pure. Joy.

drewiv said:
Just finished tuning this bad boy in and I have to say it's simply awesome. The noise floor is ridiculous. Rob does fantastic work and that is why a MOD50 is in his hands getting the same thing done. Enjoy the photo.

Are you saying there is no noise or a lot of noise? Mine has so much hiss
even with clean style modules I can't and don't play it :(

Spencer4hire said:
Are you saying there is no noise or a lot of noise? Mine has so much hiss
even with clean style modules I can't and don't play it :(

There is virtually NO noise. I'd put this up against some of my most expensive amps in the noise category. Hence, the reason I sent one of my MOD50's to Rob. The MOD series are much quieter than the RM series amps, but there is still some "hiss," as you say, on the higher gain mods.

MarcoR said:
Those transformers! :shock:

And, yes. Those transformers! A thing of beauty.

Edited to add: Although, it does now officially weigh a metric sh!t ton. Small price to pay.

It's tubed with GT EL34's on the outside and JJ EL34L's on the inside and my signature concoction of: V1 Ruby HG+, V2 Gold Pin EH, and PI Sovtek LPS. I prefer =C= EL34's, but those are getting pricey these day and I only have about four quads and a couple pairs left.