DIY rewire Les Paul Standard

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Les Paul Standard with the PCB and 4 push/pull pots.

I want to redo it

Option 1 -- is strip the pots off the board and replace with Bourn or Alpha push pull 500k ( I believe Gibson used 300k for volume and 500k for tone)

------I'd also replace the caps.

Option 2 -- is to build a new harness using the new pots and caps.

Option 2 might be easier in the end but I don;t mind the pcb board so much and it also allows quick swaps of Gibson pickups. I've also talked to a few pickup makers who are happy to use a quick connector.

Option 1 lets me keep the splitting and phase options.

any opinions before I head over to a loathsome Les Paul forum?

I have a 2013 60's Tribute. I ripped that crap out of there as quickly as humanly possible possible. Dimarzio pots, Orange Drops, BKP Rebel Yell pickups, Tone Pros Bridge/Tail, Switchcraft input & switch,Planet Waves locking Tuners, black strap locks and a blank truss rod cover.

Before

After

Yeah sounds like you did a good job drew. I need to rip the guts out of my LP. I bought one and played it (hated it) and put it in the closet... It's been in there ever since.

The only reason I haven't is because I'm thinking I hate it so much it might be better to leave it stock for when I finally sell it.

I also need advice. I have several issues with my LP due to the old electronics. Pickups are ok (suhr aldrich pair), but randomly getting buzz and hum from electronics. Can you advise good quality assembled wiring kit with pots and at least orange drop caps?