Recording ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgman70

Reaction score
Whats an inexpensive way to record some guitar tracks and what do you guys use to upload clips?

What do you consider inexpensive? You can get a Pro Tools MBox setup for around $500 (last time I checked). And if you learn your way around that program, you can get some awesome home recordings.

I've got the M Box 2 with Pro-Tools, but you're looking at around $400 ( on sale )
The Lexicon Omega works great, but it comes with Cue Base software, not very user friendly, but for basic tracks it works fine. Then you have the Lexicon Lambda , lower cost entry level ( $180 ) . I think anything will get you basic tracks.
Before you buy, check the software system requirements and make sure your PC is up to it. ( ram, cpu speed) Also, with the M Box it is preferrable to have an external dedicated HD for audio files. ( around $100 for a decent one)

H

Here's a link to MF for the Lambda ( on sale $ 149 )

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Lambda-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245506

H

So basically I will need some sort of interface and software a couple of mikes and I be set.Thanks for the input,I check this stuff out and probably have some more ?s

Yep, just an audio interface with USB 2.0 . If you go with a Firewire system your PC may need to be upgraded with a new PCI card, or if you're using a laptop ( like me ) upgrades are prohibitive. USB 2.0 works fine.

Howard