randall rt100 vs stock mts modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RHz

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a used rt100 head locally. I used to have a rm4 preamp with 12 stock randall modules. What modules would you say would be comparable to the rt100 clean, od1 and od2 channels? Idealy i would like a rm100 with the blackface, sl+ and recto modules, would this be similar to the rt100?

Anyone got any experience with the rt100?

Kind regards: Robert

I would hold out for an MTS amp or setup. Those RT amps are pretty lackluster from everything I've heard. Very mushy.

Thank's for the reply

Yes i know the quality isn't the same, I was hoping that since they're from the same randall era that there would be more similarities in the design. You're probably right in that I would be better of waiting for an rm100.
I'll probably pass om the rt100.

Thank's again for the reply.

the modular series was a design unto it's own, as I understand it came largely from Egnater's work and was possibly only tweaked for value engineering on Randall's end.

I wouldn't expect any of the other Randall designs to be at all similar

I could be very wrong about this

RHz said:
Thank's for the reply

Yes i know the quality isn't the same, I was hoping that since they're from the same randall era that there would be more similarities in the design. You're probably right in that I would be better of waiting for an rm100.
I'll probably pass om the rt100.

Thank's again for the reply.

If you are looking for something with an MTS design heritage, you should be looking at the Egnater amps. Bruce did design the MTS line after all. Check out the Egnater Renegade, Tourmaster, etc. Those are from the same era, and all sound pretty **** good. I'd get a renegade if I were trying to build a rig on a low budget! I had one for a little while, & it sounded great. Even looks almost exactly like a MOD50.