Demeter Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillCourtney

Reaction score
Hey Rob,

You ever get anywhere with that Demeter TGP-3 module you were looking to do? Let me know.

Actually, this is on my secondary workbench as we speak:

13735778_1333458056668605_976232589759900057_o.jpg

This belongs to Dean himself and is the very unit that was used to record the album "Core". It typically lives in his B-rig and is here as part of a project we are currently working on with him. There is intent to release a limited run of modules that will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis and signed by Dean. More details will be provided when the details are finalized and they are ready for sale.

I will put a deposit down now, pay it in full or whatever you want. That's why you're the best!

Let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

would this do all the edge/barely crunch tones too, beside the full gain tones? That thing has quite a large variety of abilities. also those great cleans...

Dean never uses the clean channel, so that's not going to be a part of our focus for this project. He essentially uses it like a dual channel Egnater module with channel 3 having only a slight bump on gain and volume.

We spent a full day on a sound stage in Los Angeles documenting the entire live rig and how it's used. Playing it in person was an awesome experience and it feels huge. The tone is a combination of the gain tone processed in stereo through a pair of 4x12's and a pristine clean AC30 in the middle at all times. We did hook up an RM4 loaded with 4 mods and it perked all of our eyebrows compared to the Demeter. The module will certainly do justice to the base gain tone he uses live.

The bigger project is a signature amplifier we are designing. That should be quite something and I have some really great ideas we are looking to implement under the hood. Targeting a Fall 2017 release on that.

Wouldn't it be a better thing to not follow a players particular tone and just go after the hardware itself, leaving it up to the user to determine how it's used?....recreating the hardware in Module form? it's such a great piece

curious why an artist's tone matters to anyone?

certainly not trying to crap in the idea, just wondering

withmittens said:
what happened?

It's still happening, there is a recent video on his Facebook page of someone jamming some STP riffs through the prototype. The original was setup next to the proto when I was in a shop a couple weeks ago.

Sorry, just seeing this now. I am working on 3 different modular prototypes at the moment. All different signal paths to try to get this as close as possible to the original. Once all three are complete, I'll be sending them off to Dean to pick the winner. Looking to do a limited run on a first-come, first-served basis. All will be signed by Dean. I'm also working with him on non-modular amps for his rig that will likely see the light of day to the general public as well.

I'd be down for one of the limited mods when they surface. I have a bunch of Demeter profiles on my Kemper and they rock!

It's still in the works. STP hired their new singer and are hitting the road, so it's on a holding pattern at the moment. I'll also be working on an amp for Dean as well.