RM22 Footswitch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taipan

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I hope im asking in the wright place ,
I just bought a second hand RM22 but the guy never had the footswitch
Looking around there dont seem to be any for sale

Looking through a few old threads there dont seem to be any schematics
on the foot switch either to make my own

Just wondering has anyone come up with a way to channel switch the RM22
without the original footswitch ?

I have tried my footswitch for the RM100 but that dosent do anything
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards

The 22 takes the same footswitch as an RM50. It's a Randall RF1, they're very easy to come by, and fairly cheap.

The RM22 footswitch has of course nothing to do with the RF1. It uses a DIN connector but no MIDI protocol. The channel switching of the RM22 is based on a AT89C4051 microcontroller. The heart of the PCB inside the footswitch is a programmed PIC chip. This is definitely not a DIY project.

Galao is correct on all counts. These are NLA, require a custom controller and a DIY solution is not an option. You will have no option but to watch the markets for one available unfortunately.

Oops, my bad. The page I read indeed lists the RF1 as compatible with the RM20 and RM50, but not the RM22. Sorry!

Thanks guys
I thought it would not be an easy pedal to make

Can someone tell me the actual name/code for the RM22 footswitch

Searching the internet isnt doing much when I type in RM22 footswitch
I need to be more specific

Thanks

The footswitch has no name or code. They were only sold with the RM22 amps and I would doubt that someone sells one seperately except he lost his amp and the only thing left is the footswitch. :lol:

:shock:
Hmm so is there any other way to channel switch the amp ?

I dont even care about the boost modes , just want to switch channels at gigs

Taipan said:

There is a button on the amp's front panel.

mfgobbi said:
There is a button on the amp's front panel.

Bwhahahahaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taipan said:

If you were motivated and brave/skilled enough to do it, you could hack that button on the front of the amp, and build a single button footswitch to control the channels. Its just a momentary button. All you'd have to do is attach the wires to a 1/4" jack and run it to a foot pedal.

Bit hard to press bottons while playing in the middle of a song
getting it spot on without missing a note

Anyway thanks for the input guys

audiomidijace said:
You might try to contact Randall. There's a chance they might still have a few hanging around. Good luck!

Yeah Thats my next step , just in case I couldn't get any help there
Im looking for alternative switching devices

Cheers :wink:

Isn't it just a mono jack? than prolly any footswitch will work.. be it Marshall.. Mesa.. Peavey.. I use then interchangebly.. or make ur own for 10 bucks

No its not a mono jack. That's why I suggested he could hack the button and add his own mono jack to the amp.

O... so it's a multi pin DIN connector. But you can.buy those easaly too.. just find out which pin are use for which function and connect en stompbox type footswtich.

tschrama said:
O... so it's a multi pin DIN connector. But you can.buy those easaly too.. just find out which pin are use for which function and connect en stompbox type footswtich.

I'm pretty sure there's a controller involved (Read some of the rest of the thread before you comment ;) ). I was just saying the front switch could probably be wired to a 1/4" jack and hooked to a foot switch and bypass the controller.

Offcourse the footswitch interfaces with the uP... if only so it can controll multiple optocouplers , leds, .. but there is absolutely no reason the have a uP inside the footswitch.. that would just unnessecarly complicate the footswitch.

I just sent Randall and email regarding having any of the foot switches in stock
or have a schematic on the footswitch ......see what happends

This is a gut shot of my RM22's pedal - it's definitely something bespoke:

WP_20170114_003_zpseckqrfpo.jpg

It does appear to be on a RF3 PCB?