RM100, gun to your head, which modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
What do you choose as your absolute must haves? Oh yeah, just one amp, and one pedal to boot....:)

I would have to say Twinface, Mashall+, and Dreadplate...Salvation ToneWheel and I'm pretty damned happy....6CA7s and KT77s for the tubes...

What about you guys? What would be in yours?

I'll play.
First choice
JF Super Clean,JF ODS original design,Modern Dragon.

Second choice (I know that is cheating).
JF Vybe Deluxe, Salvation Buddy, JF Cali Lead.

Some of my other faves.
JF 5F6JFM, JF J-Plex, JF Bayou.

JF Twintone, 59RR Plat, MKC+

But does it have to be an RM100? I would much prefer this :lol:

I've had so many MTS rigs, and this one is IT. It makes me really want to try one of Rob's modified RM100s.

rack_zpstifo6f2e.jpg

With 3 slots I'd go Salvation TwinFace, Salvation MarkUs, and Sacred Groove SL+.
For one pedal, I'd go with the Boss ME-5 as a MIDI controller for the amp plus analog presets for the CS Compression/Sustainer, OD OverDrive/DS Distortion, 3-band EQ, CE Chorus/BF Flanger and RV Digital Reverb/Delay.

RM100 EL34 : JF Twox, Salvation Camerock, SG Breakneck

The pedal would have to be ISP Decimator. But that aside, a Zoom MS-70CDR wouldn't go amiss.

buriedorburned said:
RM100 EL34 : JF Twox, Salvation Camerock, SG Breakneck

The pedal would have to be ISP Decimator. But that aside, a Zoom MS-70CDR wouldn't go amiss.

I should have assumed a Decimator in the loop as a gimme on top of one pedal...I think that ISP makes the best products on the market for these noisy buggers....:)

RM100.....6550s or 6ca7s....hmm, Markus, Camerock and Loneclean.....Keeley SD-1 out front. \m/

trimix said:
With 3 slots I'd go Salvation TwinFace, Salvation MarkUs, and Sacred Groove SL+.
For one pedal, I'd go with the Boss ME-5 as a MIDI controller for the amp plus analog presets for the CS Compression/Sustainer, OD OverDrive/DS Distortion, 3-band EQ, CE Chorus/BF Flanger and RV Digital Reverb/Delay.
Great choices! loved my ME-5 Miss it too.

RM100 - 2xEL34 + 2xKT88 - JF Super Clean, JF SLO100, stock SL+ and ISP Decimator G String Pedal :)

Normally I'd go with my MOD50 tho - 2xKT77 - JF Super Clean, Dual JF SLO100 - Phase 90 out front!

Love either though!

halford766 said:
trimix said:
Great choices! loved my ME-5 Miss it too.

Mine was stolen circa '89, just picked up a replacement a couple months back from Guitar Center online. Tele > Compression/Sustainer > TwinFace is super cool, just the programmable output level is great for pushing mods differently along with the MIDI channel switching.

31692F11-4D19-4A3F-995F-52281C52F2BB_zpsq9gwlmdr.jpg

RM100, SED EL34's, SED 6L6's + JF TWox, JF VybeDeluxe & SM Masholdano. VOX Tonelab LE for FX, OD's, channel volume & MIDI switching. Perfect rig, I love it!

I was asked what my favorite module was in the other thread. This setup is subject to change as often as my underpants.

JFMRM100, 2x =C= EL34 / 2x KT88 (fyi, not what's loaded in the photo), JF Blackface, JF 59BJA, JF SL OD 100 (Dual OD), Cameron 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12H30 70th Anniversary.
-No ISP Decimator needed with the JFMRM100; dead effing quiet.
-No boost pedal necessary with the SL OD 100.
-I suppose an MXR Carbon Copy in the loop.

drewiv said:
I was asked what my favorite module was in the other thread. This setup is subject to change as often as my underpants.

JFMRM100, 2x =C= EL34 / 2x KT88 (fyi, not what's loaded in the photo), JF Blackface, JF 59BJA, JF SL OD 100 (Dual OD), Cameron 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12H30 70th Anniversary.
-No ISP Decimator needed with the JFMRM100; dead effing quiet.
-No boost pedal necessary with the SL OD 100.
-I suppose an MXR Carbon Copy in the loop.

What makes the JF choice over the Salvations?

JKD said:

I could have easily said Lone Clean, Mash-All, Salvado, but I sold the Mash-All and Salvado because they sold fast and brought the cash. :D The other response would be less switches, easier to dial in (equalling more play time), and less noise. (There is virtually no noise through this amp and these modules. The Egnaters are a step above the Randalls and JFs Mods are a leap beyond that.) Also, I had the SL OD module made with two OD channels - I don't care for the crunch channel on the Soldano, so the JF version suits me better.

Additionally, I've gotten to know Rob really well over the years, we've spoken ad nauseum about what good tone is (my opinion of good tone that is). Therefore, he knows exactly what I'm looking for and doesn't need to add switches for me to get what I want. These three modules were made specifically for me and he nailed what I was looking for.

tl;dr - personal preference. :lol:

drewiv said:
JKD said:

I could have easily said Lone Clean, Mash-All, Salvado, but I sold the Mash-All and Salvado because they sold fast and brought the cash. :D The other response would be less switches, easier to dial in (equalling more play time), and less noise. (There is virtually no noise through this amp and these modules. The Egnaters are a step above the Randalls and JFs Mods are a leap beyond that.) Also, I had the SL OD module made with two OD channels - I don't care for the crunch channel on the Soldano, so the JF version suits me better.

Additionally, I've gotten to know Rob really well over the years, we've spoken ad nauseum about what good tone is (my opinion of good tone that is). Therefore, he knows exactly what I'm looking for and doesn't need to add switches for me to get what I want. These three modules were made specifically for me and he nailed what I was looking for.

tl;dr - personal preference. :lol:

I DID READ IT ALL :)

Bolded the parts I was thinking you would say...thx. for confirming.

Well I've got another RM100 inbound, and mine will be fixed as well. For the main one I'm looking to go with my stock Blackface(for now), Salvation JJ DIRT and Angel E. JJ for greasy 6 string stuff that kinda ranges from Kyuss to Killswitch with a little Deftones thrown in. Angel for fast tight 7 string work.If I could sacrifice my clean for modelling and have one more high gain, it would be the Mamba I guess for a crossover Recto type tone. If I had to go with one pedal it would be the Maxon 808 if the modules had gates built in.