MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RM100, gun to your head, which modules?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewiv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKD wrote:
What makes the JF choice over the Salvations?

I could have easily said Lone Clean, Mash-All, Salvado, but I sold the Mash-All and Salvado because they sold fast and brought the cash. Very Happy The other response would be less switches, easier to dial in (equalling more play time), and less noise. (There is virtually no noise through this amp and these modules. The Egnaters are a step above the Randalls and JFs Mods are a leap beyond that.) Also, I had the SL OD module made with two OD channels - I don't care for the crunch channel on the Soldano, so the JF version suits me better.

Additionally, I've gotten to know Rob really well over the years, we've spoken ad nauseum about what good tone is (my opinion of good tone that is). Therefore, he knows exactly what I'm looking for and doesn't need to add switches for me to get what I want. These three modules were made specifically for me and he nailed what I was looking for.

tl;dr - personal preference. Laughing
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
JKD
Donating Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewiv wrote:
JKD wrote:
What makes the JF choice over the Salvations?

I could have easily said Lone Clean, Mash-All, Salvado, but I sold the Mash-All and Salvado because they sold fast and brought the cash. Very Happy The other response would be less switches, easier to dial in (equalling more play time), and less noise. (There is virtually no noise through this amp and these modules. The Egnaters are a step above the Randalls and JFs Mods are a leap beyond that.) Also, I had the SL OD module made with two OD channels - I don't care for the crunch channel on the Soldano, so the JF version suits me better.

Additionally, I've gotten to know Rob really well over the years, we've spoken ad nauseum about what good tone is (my opinion of good tone that is). Therefore, he knows exactly what I'm looking for and doesn't need to add switches for me to get what I want. These three modules were made specifically for me and he nailed what I was looking for.

tl;dr - personal preference. Laughing

I DID READ IT ALL Smile

Bolded the parts I was thinking you would say...thx. for confirming.
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV
op1e
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've got another RM100 inbound, and mine will be fixed as well. For the main one I'm looking to go with my stock Blackface(for now), Salvation JJ DIRT and Angel E. JJ for greasy 6 string stuff that kinda ranges from Kyuss to Killswitch with a little Deftones thrown in. Angel for fast tight 7 string work.If I could sacrifice my clean for modelling and have one more high gain, it would be the Mamba I guess for a crossover Recto type tone. If I had to go with one pedal it would be the Maxon 808 if the modules had gates built in.
DSey9
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacred Grooves XTC, Plexi, SL+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: