RM4 Multiple Outputs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMMP

Reaction score
Has anyone used the pre loop output of the RM4 while also using the post loop (stereo) outputs? Does it work? Are there any major sound deficiencies. I am thinking I can save a little space if I use the pre-loop output for my dry sound, and use the post loop outputs to drive my effects units, then sum dry and wet in a mixer. I will try to try this later tonight to see if it will work, but figured I would ask around as well.

Thanks for any info you may have!

That's kinda the point of the parallel loop. The effects knob acts as your mixer soooo......

I have a Lexicon and an Eventide unit, both of which I intend to run in stereo. The dual outputs (post loop) would be perfect to drive these two units, which would then be summed in a stereo mixer with the dry signal.

An update in case anyone else is looking for the answer: It works just fine. I took the pre loop output of the RM4 straight into my mixer, and the post effects loop outputs into the L/R inputs of the Eventide (just for this test, in the future it will be one input per effect unit, with a Y cable) and the Eventide's outputs into the mixer, and from the mixer to a stereo power amp and stereo cab. The eventide received plenty of signal (actually had to pad the input by 6dB) and it all sounded great!