Synergy at NAMM?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
Did anyone thee catch anything from Synergy? If their website is any indication, there is nothing to get excited about :cry:

scary groove said:
Did anyone thee catch anything from Synergy? If their website is any indication, there is nothing to get excited about :cry:

Go check their Facebook 😀
One could say they are prepared

I agree about website it would have been great to have a nice launch with photos vids and details

scary groove said:

Check it on FaceBook...all products at NAMM:

https://www.facebook.com/SynergyAmps/?fref=ts

So NAMM2017 is here and I've seen the first photos on Facebook.

Anyone played around with the new products?

Any news on ordering? Specifically for us on the waiting list?

Absintheur said:

This + do we have final list of modules yet?

gtr31 said:
Jace,
Did you get to check out the DZL vh4
Thoughts ???

I did. I wasn't that impressed to be honest.
That being said, I think I've played a real Deziel amp
maybe once for a few minutes. So I certainly can't speak
to if it sounds like the real thing. It didn't sound bad by
any stretch, it just didn't sound that different from some
of the other modules they have.

webrthomson said:
Absintheur said:

This + do we have final list of modules yet?

From the Facebook page (finally):

Friedman BE, HBE, DS
Soldano - SLO
Diezel - VH4
Morgan - AC
Metropoulos - Metro Plex
Synergy - BMAN, TW/DLX, 800 and PLEXI

In development:
Fryette
Sound City
Tone King

EDIT: Even thought the videos are a bit rough - it's sounding good :)

Well here's the funny part... when I 1st clicked on the clip and heard that clean... I thought, hmmm that's a pretty decent clean. Then I find out that's a fender amp making that clean. Then he turns on the module and I turned off the clip lmao.

Sounds like cats scratching on someone's back door trying to get in cause there's a mountain lion chasing them haha

After hearing these clips, I am sure of three things....

Syn mods will be hit or miss like MTS has always been....But there will be gems....The BE sounds great....

There will be tonal overlap between their mods....

Salvation Mods will sounds as good if not better than most Synergy mods....

That is just my .02....

I'm hopeful.
My takeaways from the 1st video:
1) The amp is not mic'd. No telling what kind of camera/cameraphone was used to shoot them, but you're relying on whatever mic (at a distance) that thing has.
2) The vid was recorded in a small room with empty hard walls at volume. You can hear the reverberations when the guy is talking; probably a lot of environmental noise as a result.
3) In addition to the two items above, they've got an assload of reverb (and/or delay) on top of everything.

2nd video? The recording was a mess, but the guys playing seemed to love it at the end.

Best part of the demos? The stuff is still happening.

I'm curious what the diff is gonna be between the Synergy Plexi and the Metropoulos Metroplex.

Mattfig said:

Syn mods will be hit or miss like MTS has always been....But there will be gems....The BE sounds great....

That is just my .02....

the reality is ,they basically ran a DZL Vh4 through a 112 open back fender amp with the spring reverb cranked and an iPhone mic distorting there is another vid of 2 guys playing direct that sounds way better than this vid .

The other thing is syn30 clean sounded like a marshall crunch
they used hot hum buckers in a out of tune guitar ,really from those vids i could not tell anything , they said they will have much more pro recorded and direct vids up on website in the next month .

gtr31 said:
Mattfig said:

That is just my .02....

the reality is ,they basically ran a DZL Vh4 through a 112 open back fender amp with the spring reverb cranked and an iPhone mic distorting there is another vid of 2 guys playing direct that sounds way better than this vid .

The other thing is syn30 clean sounded like a marshall crunch
they used hot hum buckers in a out of tune guitar ,really from those vids i could not tell anything , they said they will have much more pro recorded and direct vids up on website in the next month .

It's good to hear they're getting things together...