Prices!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absintheur said:
The prices are on their Facebook page. For some reason, I can't copy-paste

Thanks - I didnt notice that:

Below is a list of all hardware and modules (now in production) and what we feel will be the final pricing (subject to change):

SYN-20 - ($1599) 20 watt head with built in clean channel and slot for one pre-amp module (total 3 channels). Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-20C - ($1799) 20 watt 1x12" combo with built in clean channel and slot for one pre-amp module (total 3 channels). Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-50 - ($2199) 50w head with two slots for preamps (total 4 channels) with MIDI. Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-1 ($499) - Innovative table top pre-amp with single module slot (total 2 channels), that allows you add channels to your existing amp (must have series effects loop), record or send direct to front of house using the great XLR cab simulated XLR output. Sag control. Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-2 ($799) - Innovative single rack space pre-amp with two module slots, that allows add channels to your existing amp (must have Series effects loop), send direct to front of house using the great XLR cab simulated XLR outputs or mate with the SYN5050 power amp for a great rig. MIDI and SAG control. Preamp modules sold separately. EDIT: It's stated in one of the NAMM 2017 videos that this is going to be $999?

SYN-5050 - ($1199) Stereo 2x50W (100W Bridge) all tube, single rack space power amp.

MODULES - $399 each - all Synergy module preamps are two channel. Current line up:

FRIEDMAN BE
FRIEDMAN HBE
FRIEDMAN DS (Dirty Shirley)
SOLDANO SLO
DIEZEL VH
MORGAN AC
SYNERGY PLEXI
SYNERGY 800
SYNERGY TW/DLX
SYNERGY BMAN

webrthomson said:
Absintheur said:
The prices are on their Facebook page. For some reason, I can't copy-paste

Thanks - I didnt notice that:

Below is a list of all hardware and modules (now in production) and what we feel will be the final pricing (subject to change):

SYN-20 - ($1599) 20 watt head with built in clean channel and slot for one pre-amp module (total 3 channels). Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-20C - ($1799) 20 watt 1x12" combo with built in clean channel and slot for one pre-amp module (total 3 channels). Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-50 - ($2199) 50w head with two slots for preamps (total 4 channels) with MIDI. Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-1 ($499) - Innovative table top pre-amp with single module slot (total 2 channels), that allows you add channels to your existing amp (must have series effects loop), record or send direct to front of house using the great XLR cab simulated XLR output. Sag control. Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-2 ($799) - Innovative single rack space pre-amp with two module slots, that allows add channels to your existing amp (must have Series effects loop), send direct to front of house using the great XLR cab simulated XLR outputs or mate with the SYN5050 power amp for a great rig. MIDI and SAG control. Preamp modules sold separately.

SYN-5050 - ($1199) Stereo 2x50W (100W Bridge) all tube, single rack space power amp.

MODULES - $399 each - all Synergy module preamps are two channel. Current line up:

FRIEDMAN BE
FRIEDMAN HBE
FRIEDMAN DS (Dirty Shirley)
SOLDANO SLO
DIEZEL VH
MORGAN AC
SYNERGY PLEXI
SYNERGY 800
SYNERGY TW/DLX
SYNERGY BMAN

:lol: and I couldn't sell my MOD100 w/ a MidiMate and Midi cable for $1200 shipped.

Not inexpensive....a SYN50 with BE and HBE is almost as much as a used BE-100....

Hope the mods are solid as they are the only thing reasonably priced in their lineup...

Edited to add the Syn 1 option is well priced but the amps are quite high IMHO....

Then again... I consider the SYN1 a bargain, as it does what nothing Else can for the sige and price. So come on Synergy! Accept preorders already!!!

Mattfig said:
Not inexpensive....a SYN50 with BE and HBE is almost as much as a used BE-100....

Hope the mods are solid as they are the only thing reasonably priced in their lineup...

Edited to add the Syn 1 option is well priced but the amps are quite high IMHO....

It's a 4 channel boutique amplifier made in the USA on the same benches where they build the Friedman amps. Dave has also been highly involved in the design of these amps. I know that they're building these on slim margins. This is simply what it costs to make these amps the way that they think they should be made. The only real question is "Will the tone live up to the price tag?"

I don't mind the prices, I just find it funny that a 1U two bay preamp and 1U 100W power amp are $200 cheaper than a two bay 50W head. I'm pretty sure it's going to be smaller, and definitely much more versatile package than the head.

I'm pretty positive I won't be buying any of those amps at those prices.

$2199 for a 50w head with no preamp?

It's not even a fully working amp. It's just a power section. That's ridiculous.

Capt_Tippy said:

It's not even a fully working amp. It's just a power section. That's ridiculous.

Boutique made in the USA power amp and head shell must be expensive to make.... :D

LarsTurms said:
I don't mind the prices, I just find it funny that a 1U two bay preamp and 1U 100W power amp are $200 cheaper than a two bay 50W head. I'm pretty sure it's going to be smaller, and definitely much more versatile package than the head.

The SYN-2 and the SYN-50/50 together are certainly not smaller than the head. They're both very deep rack units. As the amp puts out a lot of heat, you'll need a space in between the two so you'll need at least a 3 space rack to put it in. The SNY-2 doesn't really do anything that the head doesn't.

Mattfig said:
Capt_Tippy said:

Boutique made in the USA power amp and head shell must be expensive to make.... :D

I guess the bigger question is "Is any amp worth $3K?"
If you think the answer is yes, and you can accept that the Synergy
products will be of equal quality to any other amp of that price,
why wouldn't someone buy a SNY-50 with "their choice" of preamps?

audiomidijace said:
Mattfig said:
Capt_Tippy said:

I guess the bigger question is "Is any amp worth $3K?"
If you think the answer is yes, and you can accept that the Synergy
products will be of equal quality to any other amp of that price,
why wouldn't someone buy a SNY-50 with "their choice" of preamps?

I'm pretty sure (IMO) NO 50w head is worth 3k unless I'm rich as **** and it was made specifically for me and tweaked to my tastes.

People might pay it, but then again people are mostly dumbasses.

It's just an amp. It's not going to su... well, It's just an amp. LoL

Absintheur said:
Then again... I consider the SYN1 a bargain, as it does what nothing Else can for the sige and price. So come on Synergy! Accept preorders already!!!

The SYN-1 is a bargain! This makes silent recording with modules SO easy! The amp/speaker simulation really sounds good. There are SO many applications to use the SYN-1.

Note - I'm not saying the prices are too high, as an American manufacturer I know what it costs to do business in the US and compete against imported goods. I'm questioning the demand. I had a 100W, six channel amp, with foot switch available for six months at 50% the price of a new 50W, four channel amp - not a single nibble. I see MOD50's not selling for under $900. Synergy better have a marketing department that can sell ketchup popsicles to women in white gloves.

drewiv said:
Note - I'm not saying the prices are too high, as an American manufacturer I know what it costs to do business in the US and compete against imported goods. I'm questioning the demand. I had a 100W, six channel amp, with foot switch available for six months at 50% the price of a new 50W, four channel amp - not a single nibble. I see MOD50's not selling for under $900. Synergy better have a marketing department that can sell ketchup popsicles to women in white gloves.

Ha! That pretty much sums it up!

The modular system was a great invention when it came out
I remember seeing the early RM4 and going wow that different
A way to get a Fender Marshall boogie in a box
But that was 10 -12 years ago
The Axe Fx was probably just a proto no Kempers No Helix or Atomic
The landscape for getting multiple tube amp tones at the gig and in the studio
Has changed
The manufacturers have gotten better a tone dynamics and recently have started getting very competitive in price
Also Digital is not such a bad word anymore especially with the next generation of players

Capt_Tippy said:
drewiv said:

Ha! That pretty much sums it up!

TBH I don't disagree on the amp costs - $1599 / $2199 is too much for a 30/50 watt amp that you have to spend another $399 to get a sound out of!

I can't remember what I paid for my MOD 50 but I'm pretty sure that it was less that $2000 loaded, and mine was one of the last two made.

I think the SYN1 / SYN2 are better value, but again they pale when compared to the new cost of the M4 which was also $799 on the limited run Bruce did a couple of years ago - or about $2K for a fully loaded one when they were in full time production (meaning the M4 cost $400). Now compare that to a fully loaded SYN2 - which is ~$1,600.

Add to that the fact I've got to get them to the UK, import tax (at least 20%) and the current poor exchange rate for the £ against the $ I think (sadly) I'll be sitting this one out.

Which is annoying as I had the money last NAMM :evil:

The Mod50 when it was super popular
Was 2000 loaded

The Syn 50 unloaded is 2200

I also agree with Syn30 there is no
Density master or reverb I get that there is simple clean
But I think 1399 would have be closer to reasonable 1800 loaded up