MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Module with the most clean headroom?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I tried it, and I was surprised how good it sounded, but I'm going to stick to what I said. It's like putting a Line6 in front of a Kemper.

If you're going to use a buncha OD/Fuzz pedals in front of an MTS rig, I'm not sure why you're using MTS.

That being said... The LoneClean sounded pretty good with a pedal in front of it buriedorburned.

You're correct. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not even sure why I bothered to say anything in the 1st place.
Mattfig
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mods and RM whatever are meant to be like the amps, not pedals IMHO....I use pedals (mainly boosts) all the time with RM amps and love the Loneclean, The Cleaner, T-Watt and Motor City Clean as platforms for pedals....Oh yeah, the JF Chiefton takes boosts wonderfully.

To each their own but if you use pedals with other amps, you can use them with MTS just fine in most cases....Some cleans have a tone of their own sound like Twinface and don't do pedals well to my ear....Of course it's just that I don't like anything touching that mod as it's perfect already....Smile

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:
The mods and RM whatever are meant to be like the amps, not pedals IMHO....I use pedals (mainly boosts) all the time with RM amps and love the Loneclean, The Cleaner, T-Watt and Motor City Clean as platforms for pedals....Oh yeah, the JF Chiefton takes boosts wonderfully.

To each their own but if you use pedals with other amps, you can use them with MTS just fine in most cases....Some cleans have a tone of their own sound like Twinface and don't do pedals well to my ear....Of course it's just that I don't like anything touching that mod as it's perfect already....Smile

I use pedals Matt. I'm just talking about OD's and Fuzz's. I can see a boost or a compressor or all kinds of other pedals/effects. I'm just saying if the tone you like comes from a pedal, why spend the money for MTS and run your pedal through a clean MTS module?

I personally think for every pedal I have, I have a module that will do that same/similar tone and usually it'll do it better.

...and that's why I have $1000's tied up in MTS gear. Before I had MTS I had a $900 Fender amp and a $100 MXR pedal. I was completely happy.

"Yo dude check out my MTS amp that I turned all the features off on and get all my tone out of my $75 pedal!" LoL Silly... Wink

You're correct. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not even sure why I bothered to say anything in the 1st place.
trimix
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did an overdub session on Sunday where the player just brought his guitar and used the studio MTS rig. Rolled through about 7 different modules and 4 different pedal flavors across the tracks. The stock clean works if you want to hear exactly what the pedal puts out, we dug the Twox the most for combining with OD/distortion/fuzz well.

Jaded Faith- Twox, XTC, Custom RVerb
Sacred Groove- Custom SL+
Mesa/Boogie- Stereo Simul-Class 395
(2) Randall 4x12- X-pattern Vintage 30/G12T-75
buriedorburned
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trimix wrote:
Did an overdub session on Sunday where the player just brought his guitar and used the studio MTS rig. Rolled through about 7 different modules and 4 different pedal flavors across the tracks. The stock clean works if you want to hear exactly what the pedal puts out, we dug the Twox the most for combining with OD/distortion/fuzz well.
]

Stock clean seems to be the ticket for now. Cheers!
tschrama
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried a RAT and BigMuff through the Clan.. it's works very well.. The Clean has little character of it's own and goed well with pedals..

Sounds to me as a nice base for a Pink Floyd tone too

Good deals with: C2ply, BenMesaBoog, YouguitarHero, nitrous12, kylendm.
audiomidijace
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt_Tippy wrote:
Mattfig wrote:

I use pedals Matt. I'm just talking about OD's and Fuzz's. I can see a boost or a compressor or all kinds of other pedals/effects. I'm just saying if the tone you like comes from a pedal, why spend the money for MTS and run your pedal through a clean MTS module?

I personally think for every pedal I have, I have a module that will do that same/similar tone and usually it'll do it better.

...and that's why I have $1000's tied up in MTS gear. Before I had MTS I had a $900 Fender amp and a $100 MXR pedal. I was completely happy.

"Yo dude check out my MTS amp that I turned all the features off on and get all my tone out of my $75 pedal!" LoL Silly... Wink

Please stop telling us all how to use our MTS gear and how much we should be paying for it! You've seen many posts giving valid reasons as to why some players like to run pedals in to their MTS rigs. But because it's not how YOU do it, the rest of us are just wrong. I'm not even a pedal guy! I have a Wampler Tumnus that I use as a colored boost when I need it and graphic EQ that I use in a similar way. 90% of the time those are off. Tone is completely subjective and personal.
If you can't show any respect around here for people who do things differently than you then go back to your Fender and find another forum that needs a signal flow dictator. Jeez.
Dunlop 95Q Wah, TC Nova System, Wampler Tumnus
AVID ELEVEN RACK & Atomic Amplifier 12
Transactions:Lots!
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiomidijace wrote:
Capt_Tippy wrote:
Mattfig wrote:

Please stop telling us all how to use our MTS gear and how much we should be paying for it! You've seen many posts giving valid reasons as to why some players like to run pedals in to their MTS rigs. But because it's not how YOU do it, the rest of us are just wrong. I'm not even a pedal guy! I have a Wampler Tumnus that I use as a colored boost when I need it and graphic EQ that I use in a similar way. 90% of the time those are off. Tone is completely subjective and personal.
If you can't show any respect around here for people who do things differently than you then go back to your Fender and find another forum that needs a signal flow dictator. Jeez.

Hey Jace, I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. Click in there yet?

I know you're on the "synergy team" and you're not happy that I said that s*&t is overpriced (which it is), but... I'm entitled to my opinion. Get over yourself

I also know you're pissed off that you're home alone on Valentines Day, but please pick a fight with someone else. I'm not interested.

max44
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting
teofilrocks
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattfig wrote:

Matt, since you had brought up the Twinface, how does it react to drive pedals exactly? Just has a strong enough personality that the pedal has a hard time coming through?

Iím just starting out in MTS and plan on replacing most all my drive pedals, except one RAT-type pedal that I love. But Iím only planning on one clean mod, so I need it to be able to stand on its own for beautiful cleans but also handle a pedal way. I was looking at the Twinface for cleans, but not sure if it plays well with others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Modules All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: