• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

anyone want to swap temporarily?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
So, I just got a 12 string that is so much fun to play. It's twangy and rich and chorus-ey and just a blast. It sounds great with the Supra, C-Watt and Selma especially. I don't have a VOX flavor

BUT, I do Have a Salvation 50R (OR50) that I don't use so much anymore because I'm not playing much heavy stuff. Not that the 50R only does heavy, it does all manner of things. cleans, crunch, vintage honk....

I'm looking for someone who might like to swap just for a month so I can explore a Vox or other type of mod before purchasing.

I'm trustworthy, been here a while, some folks might vouch for me, and lets be honest, people like me

I've tried to sell the mod but no takers AND I like it, just not so much right now. So I keep it, just trade it up with someone who wants to check it out while I check out another mod that would make my 12 string sound like a Rickenbacker. Even though it's a weird copy

Yeah?

Some things to try to capture that rickenbacker vibe from your guitar (if possible)

1. Try flatwound strings instead of round wounds
2. Setup the guitar with the root strings toward the ceiling and the octaves toward the floor (instead of octave then root on a downstrum) many vintage ricks were setup this fashion and it changes the timbre slightly
3. Try a compressor if you haven't already, some of those famous jangly tones are the result of a compressor squashing the tone

I could loan you a stock top boost if you covered shipping both ways, I just no longer have a modded vox Mod since I use a vox ac30c2 as my primary amp. If you wanted to part with the or50 module I'll think about cash and a stock module if you have any interest. I've just been thinking of getting a custom mandarine graphic so I wouldn't be 100% sure and knowing you like that Mod I hate to see you let it go.

Latest posts