New Tube Day

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitfireMusic

Reaction score
Well it's officially new tube day for my RM50 in egnater headshell.

My box from the lovely valve queen came so once I dig out my multimeter and tools I'll be running Ruby KT66 power tubes, Mullard CV4004 in the amp V1 and V2 (loop, using the jump trick), and a JAN GE5751 (I picked that up on eBay from a vintage radio supply shop).

So hopefully tomorrow the new tubes and a foglifter will be installed which is part one of my setup overhaul planned for this year.

Part two for the head will involve sending it to Jaded Faith for a set of blue mercury magnetics transformers and choke and having it tuned to my taste which will be kinda going for more of an old school/vintage/boutique feel.

By the way I just got a lovely Rattlesnake speaker cable to run to my Egnater 2x12 loaded with ceramic Weber speakers (1230-55 and Blue Dog).

Just figured I'd see if anyone else was doing anything new or interesting with their setups.

Awesome man, should sound killer! No idea about the KT66's, never tried a set myself. I'm currently (and for some time now, which really says something with my gear, lol) running a pair of SED/Winged C EL34's and a pair of SED/Winged C 6L6's in my RM100, and absolutely love it! From clean to brutal, it just slays. Mine is foglifted as well (absolutely mandatory mod), and also have a vintage GE 5751 in the PI. Use a Tung sol in amp V1, and a JJ in the parallel FX loop, also jumpered. Odd mix of vintage tubes in module V1 of all my mods and JJ's in all the mod V2's. Thru my custom Zinky 4x12 w/x pattern Zinky custom and UK greenbacks. Couldn't be happier and I've yet to find ANY amp that rivals this thing, and I've tried a ton of them.

Also, I have a Weber blue dog & UK greenback in my pine 2x12 paired with my RM20 (with vintage GE EL84's). Also a killer setup!